Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: 10-20 Stars, KK on the flop, what to do?????

Hi Masked Man:

I agree. If he had aces, he should know that with that flop there will automatically be a bet. So he has an opportunity, and a good one at that, to get all the money. So unless he's very knowledgeable about the op games and is also very sophisticated, I don't see how a call can be avoided.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 08-23-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
id put him on AA and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-23-2005, 05:58 AM

Default A question to flawless and DrStrangelove

What is your plan for the hand if he bets pot into you?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: A question to flawless and DrStrangelove

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not that i encounter all that many three of a kind flops w/ AA v KK... but doesn't it seem the best way to play the hand postflop is WA/WB ? Being no draws, keep ace high / random bluff / smaller overpairs firing. No need to protect vs a 1 (last 2) or 2 outer (random higher boat) when you have the ability to extract vs weaker hands on the turn / river.

BTW, I dont play 10/20, but I call in a second too.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well like i said, if he bets pot i reraise the pot and lose my stack anyways. So ur right either way i bust. BUT, the only thing was that there was a player specific point here. He is solid TAG, what hands is he calling $300 OOP cold. Knowing the fact that in this game i am reraising with J's or Q's or bttr. I mean to me that 2 2 2 flop was the the ideal trap, if he has QQ he can check and re-evaluate after i bet the pot, but since he has AA and he knows I have a big pair (probably picture), he just leads out knowing "I have to call!!!!", saying "he cant put me on aces!1". Alas, as others have pointed before i posted the results, I could have and maybe should have. I think if hechecks he got me for sure, its by going all in that he has raised the red flag IMO, a smarter player woulda let it go, i guess he just knew my tendency to well, plus as i keep mentioning, we were the two big stacks at tht moment and already because of some nonsense earlier so wanted to stack each other. Thus i guess keeping tht in mind his plan worked to perfection. All in all a tough hand to get away from. But i still think if i had taken 30 sec here, i woulda dumped it. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this would be a veryvery tough spot, but id prob still find the laydown in that game.
IMO the villains best play would be to check/call all the way (checkraise allin on riv if there is any $ left)...
Old 08-23-2005, 03:46 PM

I'm going to assume that you are a very solid player, and you know that Villain knows you are a very solid player. He is also - by your account - solid.

When a solid TAG flat calls your PF reraise, bells should go off. Not saying I'm not going bust, but I've laid down KK preflop a few times and this is exactly the same situation - Because, to me, his call is just as scary as if he had raised you PF. I was kind of interested to hear you say that you've reraised PF w JJ and QQ, so maybe he could have flat called with QQ, but this reaks of AA. If I'm villain, I'm generally mucking QQ there PF.

So, whatever, tough to get away from, but possible.

I was inclined to say that he played it like crap, but I don't know - He had a read that you would call, and you did. Would he have been able to get all the money another way, probably, but not definitely.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:06 PM

I play the stars 10/20 a bit, who was villian? I believe this hand is extremely player specific.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:19 PM

omg that was a very bad call you made. Do you really think a solid TAG would move in there on the flop with JJ/QQ (and 4200) when he knows that preflop reraise from you probably means AA/KK???
Old 08-24-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
omg that was a very bad call you made. Do you really think a solid TAG would move in there on the flop with JJ/QQ (and 4200) when he knows that preflop reraise from you probably means AA/KK???

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read my posts in this thread?? Anyways i clearly mentioned based on my play i could have JJ QQ KK or AA here, not just solely KK/AA.

I think lapoker17 has got my whole line of thinking (alas in retrospect) down pretty much. I go down in flames either way, and FWIW i really do feel villain played it extremely well for that very reason.

As for Durrrr, i have PM'ed you the playername, just dont want to make it public and terribly offend someone, since i don't know him at all. Hey, weren't you supposed to tell me your's, i believe we have corressponded somewhere else???