Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: One of my favorite moves...

But let's not forget that they know that you know that they know, and consequently they should realize you're bluffing more often. Iocaine powder!

This is also a level of thinking that you're not going to see at low level SNGs at all, so it's best staying on a low level.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:23 PM

i find it works the opposite way, whenever i pick up a monster after stealing the previous hand, people LOVE to call w/ as weak as KJ-- even at the $55's...
Old 08-22-2005, 11:46 PM

IME this is very read dependent and can go both ways. Against bad, loose players it works the opposite way but it seems like Jesse's idea is dead on against certain players. The seem thing can work with resteals. An aggressive player raises, and you push over the top the 2nd time in a row with a junk hand because he doesn't expect you to make a play a 2nd time without a very strong hand.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:02 AM

And then the hand after that you can push with a really bad hand because who would push a third time without a monster?

Just teasing.

I've never thought of this and have no idea.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:05 AM

Exactly. It is very read dependent, and obviously cant be used to often, but I do think, against solid opponents atleast, that it is a very good move to use in certain spots.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:20 AM

How much do you really think they will tighten up to?

Already the good players have a tight calling range. These are the only players it works against right? So a good player that knows that you know blah blah blah.... is already going to have a tight calling range. (AK, JJ+) So now they drop AK and JJ?

Do you honestly think they put you on KK-AA only and wont call with anything less? Nah, I think you are going to get called more often because of your push-push.

All of this just if your read is correct about what type of opponents are behind you .... All of them.

I don't see this being remotely +EV, but I have been wrong before... oi have I been wrong.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:42 AM

I do it too, and it works really well, even at the low buy-ins.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:43 AM

HAHA THANK YOU... sheez someone who does that... lol...
Old 08-23-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if anyone else does this, but...

A lot of times on the bubble, or even 5-handed, the next hand after I make a standard blind-stealing all-in, I oftentimes push with less than blind-stealing quality hands. I do this because I think that people probably saw the first push as a steal; when I push again, I think people give me credit for a very solid hand, since it seems a little too blatant a move for it to be a regular steal.

I hope I got the right message across there, I know I didn't articulate that too well. Anyways, thoughts? Anyone else do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this to be the case too, but I only do it if I NEED the chips.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:31 AM

Your opponents arent as smart as you. Instead they will think "he pushed last hand, Im going to get him this time".

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if anyone else does this, but...

A lot of times on the bubble, or even 5-handed, the next hand after I make a standard blind-stealing all-in, I oftentimes push with less than blind-stealing quality hands. I do this because I think that people probably saw the first push as a steal; when I push again, I think people give me credit for a very solid hand, since it seems a little too blatant a move for it to be a regular steal.

I hope I got the right message across there, I know I didn't articulate that too well. Anyways, thoughts? Anyone else do this?

[/ QUOTE ]