Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: KQs Against Evan

Well it's not like I know what you guys think of eachother HU, but here goes:

With the range Evan was playing, you're ahead a great deal of the time here, no? C/r-ing the flop will only make him stop betting a hand that's behind yours, and if you call the flop, it's not likely that he's going to stop firing on the turn. I totally go for a c/r on the turn for an extra BB.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'd use a standard 2+2 line against another 2+2er. He knows what your bet on the end means most of the time, and will raise with a better K or set and fold A-high and smaller pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Evan knows that Soma knows this and thinks he'll fold weaker Kings and worse (not KQ but it was out of the BB so his range is fairly wide) to the raise so he raises with A-high. But I don't know, I think it depends a lot on how the table was playing and if people were folding hands or if everyone was trying to outplay each other so no one was folding anything.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'd use a standard 2+2 line against another 2+2er. He knows what your bet on the end means most of the time, and will raise with a better K or set and fold A-high and smaller pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Evan knows that Soma knows this and thinks he'll fold weaker Kings and worse (not KQ but it was out of the BB so his range is fairly wide) to the raise so he raises with A-high. But I don't know, I think it depends a lot on how the table was playing and if people were folding hands or if everyone was trying to outplay each other so no one was folding anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

WINNAR.

I made my hand fairly readable, but I looked vulnerable. I wanted Evan to try taking advantage of me with his weaker hands. He wasn't going to bet this river with anything I beat, so I put him a spot where he felt he could force me into a mistake (folding). Instead, he makes a 2 BB mistake. I extract 3.5 BBs postflop out of weaker hand and he later ims me things like "Dude, you weren't suppose to think that deep," and "Yes, you did own me."

I talked it over with Entity and he thinks Evan just played it really bad, but I think my line was best given the feel of how Evan would play it.

For those that advocating other lines, remember that Evan is a 2p2er. In fact, he's a very good one. Plays higher stakes than I do. He's not the average donk and to win I must make serious adjustments. What's unusual about this WA/WB situation is that I'm much more often WA than I am WB, so I have to maximize my profit from when I'm WA by letting him do some work with weaker hands.

I still have some mixed thoughts on this hand if the read were different, but I think given the feel of the game (not much else I can do to describe that), I played it well and won the maximum off Evan.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:26 PM

Well played, my Amazonian friend.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:37 PM

I'll see you in Round 2.