Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: AHHHHHHHHH!! (low content)

As I understand it, Neteller works directly from/to your bank account. I can't tell you for sure because, for some bizarre reason, Maryland residents cannot open a Neteller account. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You gave perilously few details about your poker play up to this point, which worries me. Don't get me wrong, we all had to start playing poker at some point, but any time I read a post that runs along the lines of "I deposited $XXX, played for a week, ran it up to $YYY, moved up and then started losing...", well, that does sound to me like someone who just caught a hot run of cards to begin with and tried to do too much too quickly. Downswings happen to the best of us, and I'm not saying that you're a bad poker player; just that your OP doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that you're a good poker player.

Play within your bankroll. I've played (and done fairly well) as high as 15/30 before, but I've still had to dip as low as 1/2 when one or more of my 'rolls got low. That's life as a poker player.

Above all, remember that at this point in your poker career, winning back the money you lost should not be your paramount goal. Developing as a player should be. If that means grinding it out for 30k hands at .25/.50, so be it...you will be happy you did later on, when the skills you've developed in that run help you to post healthy win rates at 1/2 & beyond.

You really need to find a way to get Poker Tracker. It is possible to win comfortably in online poker without it, but you're putting yourself at a pretty significant handicap in trying.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:32 PM

There's only one reason I can think of that you wouldn't be able to open your own Neteller account within a couple of hours...and if that's the case you should not be playing.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:40 PM

okay i guess opening a neteller account is the best plan. I've been hearing a lot about rakeback deals. What are they? Where can you get them? and how do you get them?
This may be childs play for you guys but for a newbie this stuff is not all that easy. Thanks for the help
Old 08-21-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been hearing a lot about rakeback deals. What are they? Where can you get them? and how do you get them?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several dozen rakeback affiliates who advertise here on 2+2; you can see their ads on the right of this screen, or click the Classifieds link to the left.

In the simplest terms, the people offering rakeback are affiliates of the various poker sites. As affiliates, they get money for every new player they sign up, as well as a share of the money the site makes (in rake) from that player. In order to sign more people up, they then return a percentage of the money that they (the affiliates) are getting to you (the new player). You should be able to get something in the 25-28% range, meaning that you will be getting about 1/4th of the rake you contribute to the site back, in cash. It's a very good deal for all parties. All you have to do is contact one or more of the affiliates, pick the one that offers you the best deal, and follow whatever instructions they give you.

The problem is that in order to get a rakeback deal, you must be a new player at the site; since you already have an account pokerstars, you wouldn't be able to get a rakeback deal there unless you closed your account, waited however long it takes until they wipe your info out of their system, and opened a new one (there are ways around this, but the sites don't appreciate them & get upset if they catch you). So you would have to open an account on a different website in order to get a rakeback deal. And you cannot get rakeback on Party (but you can on the other Party skins, such as Empire & Eurobet).
Old 08-22-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
take your money out of pokerstars and put it into party poker. the difference in the two games is shocking

[/ QUOTE ]

He may want to get that tilt thing under control first before joining the Party...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I have it in me to move all the way down to .25/.50. I dont think I could stay focused there.

[/ QUOTE ]
This SUCKS!
Old 08-22-2005, 09:53 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

regardless of the limit, a BB is a BB and if you can't understand that you just do not have the right discipline for the game yet. it will come with time, and FWIW, if you cannot beat .50/1 and 1/2, even with that bankroll, stop mutitabling and start posting hands in the micro forums b/c you have a lot of work to do.