Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Bottom set... too aggresive?

Yeah, I did realize that after I went back and read the comments. I didn't see how many people were entering that pot preflop.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:59 PM

If you were CO pf, you should be 3-betting this.(?)
Old 08-21-2005, 06:59 PM

SSHE says to cold call this on a loose table. And after the first cold call I had to call the cap, although I wasn't happy about it.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SSHE says to cold call this on a loose table. And after the first cold call I had to call the cap, although I wasn't happy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Dude,

Ya, cold call it after 4 limpers on the Loose Chart. Without 4 limpers revert to the tight chart. Tight chart says 3 limpers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, I think you should have been happier calling the cap than the first cold call. The first time you called you were getting about 3:1 pot odds with the blinds yet to act. On the cap you were getting 10:1.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Dude,

Ya, cold call it after 4 limpers on the Loose Chart. Without 4 limpers revert to the tight chart. Tight chart says 3 limpers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, I think you should have been happier calling the cap than the first cold call. The first time you called you were getting about 3:1 pot odds with the blinds yet to act. On the cap you were getting 10:1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tom,

Don't think of pocket pairs in terms of immediate pot odds. The deciding factor when playing a pocket pair is the implied odds. When I play a pair I want to make up 10 bets when I hit the set for those times I don't hit it. So to call cold, we need to make up 20 bets. In this situation, there are already 5.5 bets in the pot when it gets to hero, meaning we need to make up 14.5 bets. On a loose table such as this, making up 14.5 bets is never a problem. Infact, with a well timed turn raise, we can make it up using the double sized bets on 4th street and the river is all profit.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:11 PM

Preflop call is fine, nice hand.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:32 PM

Once he leads out the River, I'm just calling. I need a read to raise the river after a capped Turn w/o the nuts.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:20 PM

grunching

Preflop: Don't cold-call with 33. It's much too weak, even with position. You were right to call the cap.

Flop: Good flop

Turn: After SB (who u respect a little) is still playing hard against you, and has been raising like crazy, you've got to be worried about a large pair or big slick here. I'm thinking AA or AK at this point. I don't see any pocket pair being any more agressive at this point. I would have just called the 3 bet.

River: Call the river

EDIT: I didn't read that SB was a moron. I take back the turn and agree with the cap.