Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Mahatma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His last name is Friedman, so he's Jewish. His first name is Sanskrit I believe, so I guess his parents didn't want to name their kid "Sol" or "Moishe." HTF should I know?

And I don't think he has a viable rap career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. He just signed with a major label last week. Expect a press release around this shortly, though I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on and do something in conjunction with a televised poker appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard kanyes doing a track on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two "guest feature" names I saw on the tentative track list were Kanye and Common. Three of the other tracks had "f. [blank]" on them, so apparently they are still recruiting more collaborators. Kanye was listed as producing four of the tracks on the album. I am not a huge rap fan, so I'm not sure if those things are a big deal or not.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:59 AM

He's some kinda Buddhist, for some reason decided to take the title of a major Hindu. Go figure. It's all Eastern.

Someone around here in the crunchy granola-twat Berkshires was observing that 99% of white, converted Buddhists seem to be Jews. I can't really argue, actually.

NT
Old 08-20-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a huge rap fan, so I'm not sure if those things are a big deal or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kanye West is possibly the most talented--and musical--producer in the game. If Prahlad got Kanye and/or Common involved in his project, it's a huge coup.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a huge rap fan, so I'm not sure if those things are a big deal or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kanye West is possibly the most talented--and musical--producer in the game. If Prahlad got Kanye and/or Common involved in his project, it's a huge coup.

[/ QUOTE ]

We goin to Pareeeeeeeeee! Kanye should do a chipmunk's album, it would fit in nicely with his catalog.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's some kinda Buddhist, for some reason decided to take the title of a major Hindu. Go figure. It's all Eastern.

Someone around here in the crunchy granola-twat Berkshires was observing that 99% of white, converted Buddhists seem to be Jews. I can't really argue, actually.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews arent white. They're Jay Oh Ohs. Jesus was a jew, and he was black. Ill stop p'wning now.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:46 AM

link?
Old 08-20-2005, 06:06 AM

Not in a great mindstate right now, but I really, really cant tell if anyone in this thread is being serious. Allright, well I can tell of a few who arent.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not in a great mindstate right now, but I really, really cant tell if anyone in this thread is being serious. Allright, well I can tell of a few who arent.

[/ QUOTE ]

its obvious diablo is full of [censored].

he'd make a great con man.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:23 PM

i love rap and music in general.

id love to hear his rap although im told it sucks.

somebody please link or PM me.

my younger brother is a music minor and a great rapper. his best friend who already graduated is moving in with him at BU. they will produce at least anothe r9 songs and id lay some serious odds they both end up in the game to one extent or another.

im sure my bro would love to heara poker player rap. as would i. at the very least it woudl be very hilarioius.

to think west would produce a sucky track, well, sucks. could be for the straight cash from wanna bees though.

anyways, hearing his ability would interest me.

-Barron
Old 08-20-2005, 08:22 PM

is that the same prahlaad friedman i saw on the WSOP circuit even a couple weeks ago? He was pretty damn good! I don't know about the rap music though...
Anyone ever see the movie Clerks? He would remind me of that Russian guy singing Berserker... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]