Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: An opponent with a photographic memory

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wrote out a cheat sheet of all the odds of hitting certain outs. I am easily able to remember all the odds by picturing the sheet in my head.

Memorizing digits of pi offers me no advantage, seeing as how most computers store the value in memory. I doubt I could make a decent living hunting down prop bets for the digits of pi. Although, it does make for a neat party trick.

I do remember bizarre things at bizarre times, though. I was once able to recall the 5-digit number on the back of my grade 2 schoolbus... 12 years after the fact at a bar with my buddies.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the early hours of Saturday July 2, 2005, a Japanese mental health counsellor, Akira Haraguchi, 59, managed to recite Pi's first 83,431 decimal places from memory, thus breaking the standing world record (Wikipedia)

[/ QUOTE ]

I once doubled the number 2 thirteen times in my head.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 4 every time.

PairTheBoard
Old 08-18-2005, 10:40 PM

ha, actually that's a good joke. and also a photographic memory isn't what most people think it to be. it simply means that you can visually see things in your mind. for example, if taking a test, rather than reciting a phrase that includes an answer you can see the answer written on your note paper with the correct answer. like normal memory there are varying degrees of photographic memory. photographic memory in poker i think would just be very good "recall". remembering what a player had when they did this or that.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:03 AM

I like to remind players about key hands we played on a previous session (live). It freaks them out and gives me an edge against them...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:44 AM

i have a photographic memory and i don't think im at any real advantage. granted ill remember your screen name or your face it doesn't mean i can draw all of that information into context. i think i may hold a slight advantage over the some in the duration of a session by having a better memory of the session. but in the long term i remember so many hands and situations vividly it can sometimes be very hard to recall exactly where the information comes from. a photographic memory is neat to have but, just think everything in your life that holds meaning to u is retained as an image. this can make things complex when it comes to recall.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:10 AM

Use his powers against him, insist on using a deck of HOOTERs Calendar Girls playing cards