Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: AKo, first hand of a Party 20+2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not check/call the turn here? our villian seems aggressive enough to keep it up until the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

This was exactly what I was planning on doing until he bet only 15. If he would of bet between 50 and 150, I would have simply called and attempted to get a cheap showdown, possibly inducing a river bluff as well. When he bet only 15, I felt like I was best and needed to charge him on the turn, then I probably would of checked the river had he called my turn 200.

The immediate reraise allin just screamed of poorly played flopped trips to me, especially after the bet of only 15 on the turn. Am I not deep enough to fold here? I have 420 behind and lots of time to rebuild.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are deep enough. but the chances of you stack him are far better than rebuilding. in the 20s i'd rather take my shot w/ at losing than hand and finding a new tourney to play.

calling the turn and re-evaluating the river was also an option, not a draw heavy board. WBWA
Old 08-17-2005, 12:32 PM

I have never gotten 10th place, and I would not risk it here. I bet 200-250 into this 305 pot on the turn and fold to a push.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never gotten 10th place, and I would not risk it here. I bet 200-250 into this 305 pot on the turn and fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. My. God.

I'm sorry, wrong forum I know.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is crazy talk. you can't shortstack yourself like this.