Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: And the winner is:
Restaraunt 37 75.51%
Chunky 12 24.49%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: JJ on bubble with 2 all ins, your play?? Was lost here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think about it this way, 60% of the time you bust and get nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the world are you coming up with these numbers? We've got the shortstack covered and would have to lose to both players to finish OTM. This seems like a very easy call to me. As Yugo said (and I was trying to say in my 1st response) calling here is the best way of going for first and third simultaneously.

I really would like to see how you came up with that 60% figure. It seems outrageously high to me. In fact, there's no way that it can be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with JJ in an average 3 handed pot, I figure that you will win ~40% of the time
Old 08-17-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, beef, are u pulling these numbers out of yer ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Hey Raptor, you just wrote down what my last post was going to say before I decided to be a little more tactful. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That's pretty much where I was thinking that the numbers came from too.

This strikes me as a painfully obvious call and I cannot believe the poll results up to this point. holla
Old 08-17-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, with JJ in an average 3 handed pot, I figure that you will win ~40% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

But we are not the shortstack...
Old 08-17-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think about it this way, 60% of the time you bust and get nothing. 40% of the time you make it to the money and by no means make first. now if you fold, you stand to make money ~85% of the time. what do you think is the best of the move?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, beef, are u pulling these numbers out of yer ass? im curious as to where you got them, as they are nowhere near accurate. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a (very) rough estimate. I just ran JJ against a rangbe of hands that seem sensible to me, and it turns out that you will win about 50% according to that
Old 08-17-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think about it this way, 60% of the time you bust and get nothing. 40% of the time you make it to the money and by no means make first. now if you fold, you stand to make money ~85% of the time. what do you think is the best of the move?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, beef, are u pulling these numbers out of yer ass? im curious as to where you got them, as they are nowhere near accurate. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a (very) rough estimate. I just ran JJ against a rangbe of hands that seem sensible to me, and it turns out that you will win about 50% according to that

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very VERY easy all in. its a big leak if u dont get yer chips in here. very profitable situation. holla
Old 08-17-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But we are not the shortstack...

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right, my brain is fried, i change my vote to push
Old 08-17-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very VERY easy all in. its a big leak if u dont get yer chips in here. very profitable situation. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, consider every post I made up to this point a brainfart.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, consider every post I made up to this point a brainfart.

[/ QUOTE ]

done [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 08-17-2005, 08:28 AM

I voted push then had to do a double-take to see that fold was ahead. Seriously, WTF?