Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Hand from the final table at the $1000 buy in event at Tunica

[ QUOTE ]
think there's a chance the bet on the turn was a complete bluff but the difference in prize money between 5th and 4th was significant enough that I wasn't going to risk an all in

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference looks pretty flat to me... compared to 1st at least. I think it is a bad idea to play with the mentality of moving up from 5th to 4th. That said, I think the fold is standard on the turn.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Hand from the final table at the $1000 buy in event at Tunica

[ QUOTE ]
Note to self never trap with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never trap postflop with AK. It would be OK to open complete from the SB with the idea of playing for a limpraise. Particularly with 10-25xBB, you can limp from early position with AK with the idea of a limpraise allin. You might also open limp from late position with the idea of a limpraise.

If the SB completes, I would probably raise with AA. A big pp is much better for trapping. However, why let someone see a flop cheaply and beat you. Better to build a big pot.

In fact, if the SB completes, I figure he doesn't have much, and usually raise with anything. That makes it easier to raise with big hands.

I think you overdid the trap idea and lost more chips postflop and got overly concerned over this hand. You didn't hit an ace or king, so if your opponent is representing that he is ahead, he probably made a pair and is ahead.