Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Where is mistake?

I can't imagine a better way to play it. You might want to raise the flop and then fold to any further aggression from the villain, but this assumes that he is a total rock and completely unimaginative. I really like how you played this though.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably could not find one myself, but I don't think a turn fold is unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. Villain has 12 PFR and capped pre flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack, I am such a moron. I read the hand that he called the three bet. With villain capping pf, yeah I call down.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably could not find one myself, but I don't think a turn fold is unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew I would get called out on that.

a 12% PFR is probably raising 8-9% of his hands UTG. How many of those does he cap?

AA, KK, QQ, JJ make up a good portion of those, since you have KK, there is 19 combinations of those hands that can be dealt (I think that is right), that makes up just less than 1.5% of hands. I guess you would have to estimate the tightness of his capping standards. I initially thought a turn raise and then fold to a three-bet might be the play, but not sure there. and peter's line is good also. I just think it's close.

of the hands he caps with, that are not listed above, how many lead the flop and the turn on that board? we don't have an aggression rating here, but it will be high cause he plays so few hands.

you are effectively getting 7.75 : 2 on your calldown. are you good here more than 26% of the time?

I'd have to do the math to figure out just how many more hands than I listed are in his raising range to get to 8-9%, then make some "educated" assumptions on which to throw out when it goes to 4 bets. THEN decide if all of THOSE hands lead the flop and the turn.

then run the math from there. in fact I should do this. it may take me a while though, but it's good for me.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:16 PM

On the turn,
*either you are beat and you have 2 outs (AA, QQ, JJ - 12 ways) or
*you are ahead and he has 7 outs (AK - 8 ways)

... not the conclution I thought I was coming to
... I like it too.

With this hand range you win nothing by raising the turn. (On the other hand, as a side note, if his hand range contains AQ (12 ways) as well, - which I doubt, - then you probably win one more bet from him at those times since he will call the turn raise and call a river bet. I believe this would make a turn raise profitable.)
Old 08-15-2005, 03:05 PM

Well, one problem is that not all players with 12 PFR are alike. Depending on what he thinks hero, the capping range could be pretty wide. I've been about a 12 PFR for some time now, and if I were Villian here, AQs and TT are definite possibility.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:14 PM

this is a terrible board for you, so i just call down.

if this were a NL hand i would almost certainly muck somewhere, but i couldn't bring myself to do it here.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:30 PM

I think would be quite a bad fold. I know this guy's stats look solid, and he has appeared to be solid. But I see crazy things out of guys like this all the time. I had this hand against a guy who was 16/11 or something the other day:

He limps utg, I raise with QQ, a blind calls, now he limp reraises. Flop rags he bets, I call, blinds fold. Turn another low card. He bets, I raise. He calls. River was a another card below T. He checks, I check. He has KJs. He had no flush draw, no gut shot, no nothing on turn. If I had just been going on the guy's stats I would think this player was incapable of this play.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Results

Thanks for answers.

He showed AA and i suck. I can't find a fold here after all as for reasons Paluka said.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Results

I think that you played the hand optimally.