Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Meh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are giving these players too much credit. They may not bet a K on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

One can never ever be too careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sfer's opening up a can of worms betting that river. I'd check and happily take that pot the way it is.

Lawrence
Old 08-15-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice bet...you way ahead of original raisers 10-10 and Kenny...well he might have never recovered from Fri night 150-300 game (if thats the dude who i think you talking about)...

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha kenny dont play 150/300....i love playin him heads up b/c like the guy said he ALWAYS bets into you on the river when you check the turn, and if you raise him on river he always calls. Hes a face I look for when gettin into the blue game at the borg.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice bet...you way ahead of original raisers 10-10 and Kenny...well he might have never recovered from Fri night 150-300 game (if thats the dude who i think you talking about)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if Kenny was playing 150/300 on Friday but I doubt it. This hand was Saturday and I doubt he would have the scratch to buy-in if he took a shot the night before.

BTW, I noticed you in the 80 but didn't have a chance to stop by and say hi.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Borgata 40/80 10 handed. UTG+1, a NYC club regular who has a rigid set of playable hands and will play all of them for any number of bets opens. He range is pretty standard here, AA-77/AK-ATs/KQ, KJs maybe if he's feeling saucy or steaming. He's standard postflop in that he can bet draws and the like. Terrible player 3-bets to his immediate left. This is Kenny for those who know. He was up 2 racks but is now stuck 2 racks and he's on his way to losing it all. Kenny will get to showdown with any pair and will bluff most hands on the river if the turn checks HU when he is stuck and steaming. He is stuck and steaming. Folded to me and I cap on the button with Qc Qh, they call. 3 players, 13.5 SBs.

Flop is Ad Kh Jc. Checked to me and I bet, they call.

3 players, 8.25 BBs. Turn is the Ah. Checked to me and I check.

River is the 7c. Checked to me and I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 thinks for a couple of seconds before calling, Kenny slowly cuts out 8 chips to call and there's no way I'm good. UTG+1 had KQ to drag the pot and Kenny flashed the table TT.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM

ah Kenny, I need to get down there soon.

I wonder if it worth betting the river just for the value you get from Kenny. He will call you down with so many hands that could offset the fact that you will almost always lose the showdown when UTG+1 calls. I doubt it.

The fact that UTG+1 called the flop and you checked the turn makes it unlikely he will fold a better hand.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if it worth betting the river just for the value you get from Kenny. He will call you down with so many hands that could offset the fact that you will almost always lose the showdown when UTG+1 calls. I doubt it.

The fact that UTG+1 called the flop and you checked the turn makes it unlikely he will fold a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I thought that UTG+1 might fold a better hand knowing that Kenny is never folding.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:37 AM

Why would you bet the flop? You seem to be well behind UTG's range on this flop, and have no hope of folding a better hand. Your bet only saves you the pot when UTG has 99 AND he folds the flop AND you beat the other guy AND a 9 would have hit the board... no. Take the free card.

my 2 cents.
Eric
Old 08-17-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I thought that UTG+1 might fold a better hand knowing that Kenny is never folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

best play would be betting the turn, check river. but i would have check-raised you on the turn to force you to fold [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

just kidding, i was not that kenny [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Kenny