Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: A leak in my game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's that?

nevermind, just a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking a flop for nearly 20% of my stack with a small pair out of position doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It's a push or fold situation. I think the correct play is very read dependent and I'd probably push in many cases, but my default is to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is really so hard about it? You have a pair and it is costing you 100 out of you 770 stack to see a flop with a pot of 325 in it. You are closing the action preflop. Being out of position really doesn't matter since the stacks are short. It isn't like it is the bubble and you are trying to wait a shortstack out, you need to accumulate chips to win. Don't tell me that you are going to lose folding equity if you call because having a 670 or a 770 really doesn't matter that much.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: A leak in my game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's that?

nevermind, just a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking a flop for nearly 20% of my stack with a small pair out of position doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It's a push or fold situation. I think the correct play is very read dependent and I'd probably push in many cases, but my default is to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is really so hard about it? You have a pair and it is costing you 100 out of you 770 stack to see a flop with a pot of 325 in it. You are closing the action preflop. Being out of position really doesn't matter since the stacks are short. It isn't like it is the bubble and you are trying to wait a shortstack out, you need to accumulate chips to win. Don't tell me that you are going to lose folding equity if you call because having a 670 or a 770 really doesn't matter that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only understand that statement if your so short you're pot committed or are planning a stop-n-go all-in. Unless you get a wonder-flop like in your picture, how are you going to play this OOP without jeaopardizing a good share of your chips on the hope the flop missed him? Personally, I suck too much to give myself hard decisions like what I'd face every street post-flop if the villain doesn't go away. That's why I push. Even, often, when I shouldn't.