Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: QQ 600 NL

I don't think people are reading my post. I obviously called the flop. He had AK. That's not the point.

I was asking what to do after he raised my PF bet. Push? Call? Make pot committing raise (which is anything)? I was actaully a bit horrified when I saw that I had min raised, because I think it's the worse option.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:04 AM

there is no point to this post.

are you really asking if you should get 38BB in preflop with QQ?

fim
Old 08-12-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asking about the best way to get 38BB in with QQ against a shortstack who probably has a pretty wide range here.

I'll just put it this way.. how much should I balance getting in as a large favorite now (vs say AQ/JJ) but him possibly folding some of his weaker holdings vs. letting him bet the flop which he will no matter what vs. letting him catch an overcard for free.

I think pushing was probably right.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asking about the best way to get 38BB in with QQ against a shortstack who probably has a pretty wide range here.

I'll just put it this way.. how much should I balance getting in as a large favorite now (vs say AQ/JJ) but him possibly folding some of his weaker holdings vs. letting him bet the flop which he will no matter what vs. letting him catch an overcard for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait. you think there is a range of hands that a shortstack threebets with OOP here that he will fold to a push?

fim
Old 08-12-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait. you think there is a range of hands that a shortstack threebets with OOP here that he will fold to a push?

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played like 40 hands at NL600. I've played like 40 hands at NL400. I've played like 40 hands at NL200. I have no idea what people will do, thus the question. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played like 40 hands at NL600. I've played like 40 hands at NL400. I've played like 40 hands at NL200. I have no idea what people will do, thus the question. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough. probably not the response you envisioned to your first MH post.

fim
Old 08-12-2005, 02:19 AM

Well in theory once I move up and get a better feel for the players I can post more interesting hands.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:25 AM

If you cut the hand where you were reraised, you wouldn't have to go through this trouble. Just post the hand up until the difficult (theoretically, in this case) decision.