Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: high implied odds?

[ QUOTE ]
You still have 3 players yet to act. Do you really want to take the chance of betting and having it raised or possibly reraised when all you have is a gutshot and weak overcards? Your flop bet will take this pot down very rarely as some of them will have overcards to the board and will call or raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure with 3 players left to act it isn't picture perfect betting situation, and if the players left to act are aggressive (he said 1 tag and 1 passive), then I am all for a check. I was just making a point that betting this fairly ragged rainbow flop with 2 (albeit weak) overcards and a gutshot should probably be considered. There are other positive things to come out of a flop bet besides taking it down on the flop. But...

[ QUOTE ]
Checking in this spot and waiting to see what develops after you act is automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that this check was automatic. I stand corrected.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just making a point that betting this fairly ragged rainbow flop with 2 (albeit weak) overcards and a gutshot should probably be considered. There are other positive things to come out of a flop bet besides taking it down on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you give a few examples and show how they work here?

[ QUOTE ]

But...

[ QUOTE ]
Checking in this spot and waiting to see what develops after you act is automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not automatic because someone says it's automatic.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude. Play your way. Bet those ragged boards into a large filed with nothing and spew your stack all you want. Some decisions aren't close, this is one of them.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude. Play your way. Bet those ragged boards into a large filed with nothing and spew your stack all you want. Some decisions aren't close, this is one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Let's say he was the SB - I might fold T2 in this situation if I was the BB and the SB bets into me. Wouldn't that be worth a small bet?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:33 PM

*grunch*

fold it dude. 7:1 ain't good enough, especially since you could be drawing to a split pot.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

fold it dude. 7:1 ain't good enough, especially since you could be drawing to a split pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

With hero's T out, and the fact that almost any ace will pay off a lower straight, 7-1 is definately worth the peel.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:39 AM

How much value are you giving the tens in this spot? Two . . . two and a half outs?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much value are you giving the tens in this spot? Two . . . two and a half outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

One possibly one and a half.

The T's don't give you the nuts so they need to be heavily discounted. If you hit on the turn they give you top pair weak kicker OOP. You might be dominated and if you are ahead you could easily lose to many river cards.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One possibly one and a half.

The T's don't give you the nuts so they need to be heavily discounted. If you hit on the turn they give you top pair weak kicker OOP. You might be dominated and if you are ahead you could easily lose to many river cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if we give the sixes the same, say 1.5 outs, at the most since if a six comes a four makes a straight, a call here is justified since the implied odds may make up for what we're losing now in terms of pot odds?

How do you figure out implied odds? Is it just a guess at how much action you think is going down in the rest of the hand based on what has happened so far?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 AM

[censored] no. Fold.