Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Pluggin\' Leaks

One of my leaks is probably giving unknowns too much credit. I'll think they're making a move when they raise my unimproved ace queen on a paired board. Usually when I play against a LAG I'll actually have the best hand enough to call down, but then I start thinking other people could be doing it just because they're unknown. Other than that maybe occasionally getting a little too laggy against unknowns in the BB heads up against SB's open raise.

When I have a read I seem to handle the situation pretty decent, otherwise I think I give the average opponent too much credit.

Edit: There are plenty of others, I just can't remember them all.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:57 AM

Bets/ Folds to a Raise

My problem now with this are when I give myself implied odds incorrectly. For example when 3 of my outs I give myself are Aces, well they are good outs, but most fools with middle/ Top pair aren't going to give you much action once that Ace hits.

Raising the Flop with OCs

I feel a lot better about having found out my errors in this. I find that you feel a lot better when the turn Bricks and I get to fold UI having not invested myself too much into the pot, I haven't tied myself to a possibly counterfeited draw by bloating the pot, and my bankroll thanks me.

Check/ Calling a River Scare Card

You should probably pay more attention when your in these situations. HU it can be ok to bet out those scare cards, but the more multiway it gets the more apt you should be to check. There are a lot of times that the river card brings something that you definently shouldn't bet, and if you do, and it gets raised, you definently shouldn't be paying off. Not only that, but sometimes it is the most +EV decision. You will find that a lot of players with busted draws will bet in an effort last ditch, with hands that they wouldn't have called a bet with. Sometimes you'll see it checked through, but take a look at his hand. Ask yourself how many times he would call if you had bet.

Calling Down for a "read"

Generally you should be calling down with a hand that has showdown value because you have a read, not because you want a read and your hand has showdown value. It's not worth investing money for, I got the downswings to prove it.

Folding Correctly in Large Pots

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results
SB has Qd 2d (one pair, threes).
BB has Qh Tc (one pair, threes).
Outcome: BB wins 20 BB.

Stuff like this is why this concept still eludes me sometimes.

(I didn't post the hand for discussion, just an amusing way to prove a point. This was an experimental table with me and 4 hideous LAGs and I couldn't walk away. Like a train wreck, I didn't expect to walk away with money, or dignity. If you must comment on the plays of this hand, feel free to do so in PM and I might post it sometime later, though I would honestly rather not. HEH.)
Old 08-11-2005, 08:25 PM

Thought up another leak that I have been working on, that some of you might be having trouble with as well, sometimes without even knowing it.

Developing a sound Steal/ Defense strategy in the Blinds