Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Situations I hate.

I call and fold UI.

You probably have like 8-9 outs or so, which isn't enough on its own for a 5.25BB pot, but the loose passive will hopefully call with J2o or something making it a 6.25BB pot. Add some implied odds and you're good.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:24 PM

betting the flop may clear the field and lead to free river. But maybe the negatives that I overlooked outweigh the positives. I retract my suggestion.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:30 PM

I fold. Odds are too thin for me to peel here with one card to come with the risk that the action changes behind you. If you're going to continue, I'd be more inclined to raise than call (though I haven't run the numbers and I suspect that raising doesn't do enough for us to justify it as I type this), but getting 3-bet by one of the LAGs sucks donky balls. I think the pot is too small to risk a raise on a sketchy draw (4 clean jacks - maybe 3.5 if BB has a FD that he checked on the flop not wanting to blow away the field); don't think the K is worth much and not convinced the A is worth much) -- and calling hoping to spike a J just strikes me as bad here for a host of reasons. The frustrating thing is this LAGish BB could have absolute smoke and you actually hold the best hand here, but the risks are plentiful and include: (1) he holds a strong hand he intended to C/R the field with on the flop; and (2) he holds a semi-bluffing hand with a lot more outs than yours here on the turn (say, a flushdraw or an OESD) so you can't rely on any significant bets getting picked up on the river even if you do hit an A or a K and it turns out to be good; and (3) he holds a weak made hand but that is obviously still beating yours. With another LAG to act behind you (despite his check-through on the flop) and a loose passive who could also have you beat but is perhaps passive enough to have checked through the flop, The risk / reward ratio just doesn't appeal to me here. Sucky situation, but I let it go and move on to the next hand.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
betting the flop may clear the field and lead to free river. But maybe the negatives that I overlooked outweigh the positives. I retract my suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're getting a free river here OOP like never.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:26 PM

fold > call > raise
first two are close with a passive behind and the LAG betting.