Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Help me have lucid dreams.

Make yourself a dream pillow (stuffed with hops and whatnot) or drink a very hoppy beer before bedtime. Something like Victory Hop Devil or Troeg's Hopback ale.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key to having lucid dreams is to eat a big hunk of cheese just before going to bed. Sometimes I do this on purpose because it always works. The more cheese the better, cheddar seems to work best, but there is always the danger of being stopped up for a few days, so make sure to eat lots of veggies the next day for firepower.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh much more than it probably should have.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:43 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The key to having lucid dreams is to eat a big hunk of cheese just before going to bed. Sometimes I do this on purpose because it always works. The more cheese the better, cheddar seems to work best, but there is always the danger of being stopped up for a few days, so make sure to eat lots of veggies the next day for firepower.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh much more than it probably should have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2005, 11:32 PM

I Also hear asking yourself throughout the day "am I dreaming?" will trigger you to ask it during a dream.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I Also hear asking yourself throughout the day "am I dreaming?" will trigger you to ask it during a dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr... I just wrote a lengthy post above that tells you how to do reality checks. And reality checks are how to test throughout the day if you are dreaming or not.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:54 PM

switch lightswitches on and off many times during the day, and when you eventually dream of it, the amount of light you see is never changing, so you'll know you're dreaming. have fun!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:37 AM

Okay, I am about to go to bed and want to start this tonight. Should I just keep a pen and notebook by my bed, and when I wake up instantly record my dreams? How detailed should this be?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:51 AM

I recently had some very vivid dreams that seemed real. It was like it really happened. The first one was where I won about 3 million dollars in a poker tournament. No joke. It was very real and I actually had the feeling of being a millionaire. It was fantastic. I can't remember the 2nd one , though.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I am about to go to bed and want to start this tonight. Should I just keep a pen and notebook by my bed, and when I wake up instantly record my dreams? How detailed should this be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If you wake up in the middle of night, try to write quickly before the dream fades. Just some general notes with a few descriptions so you can wake up in the morning and remember what your dreams were. Then go back to sleep before you fully wake up so you can dream some more.

Oh, and dont look down on the importance of writing down your dreams. Its trains you to retain your dreams so you actually "dream more." Its very possible to have dreamt an awesome super vivid lucid dream, wake up and not even realize that you had one because you didnt train your mind to hold onto the dream.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Make yourself a dream pillow (stuffed with hops and whatnot) or drink a very hoppy beer before bedtime. Something like Victory Hop Devil or Troeg's Hopback ale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious about this?

I've been drinking a lot of hoppy beers lately, and coincedentally (or maybe not) I've also been having some lucid dreams.

These dreams have been the type where everything seems to be going wrong. Either the computers break down at work and customers are backing up forever, or it's finals week and I realize there is a class on my schedule that i forgot about all semester and I'm going to fail it. Kind of the grown up version of the dream where you get to school and realize you are in your underwear.

Anyway, I've been having dreams like this lately and in the dream I realize that I'm dreaming and it doesn't matter that everything seems to be going wrong. After I come to this realization I usually wake up.

Just wondering if this could actually have something to do with drinking hoppy beer?