Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Life of a online pro

[ QUOTE ]
I played full time 6 months while I was in between jobs so I will offer my opinions here. I played mostly 5/10 and some 10/20 on party, the jump between 3/6 and 5/10 was easy 5/10 to 10/20 was much tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you playing mostly stud during that time, or were you playing HE?

How much did you make in that 6 months? Feel free to ignore this question if you like.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:38 PM

when you say stud 7 do you mean stud 8?
Old 08-07-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It blows but I've got a mortgage to pay... And I agree playing poker is pretty much all I do I've got no life whatsoever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Frappeboy, sorry for failing to mention that you are an online pro..

Also, why do you call yourself frappeboy? Do you simply drink a lot of frappes? The first job I got fired from was an ice cream stand.

Beer$
Old 08-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Probably more hours of stud but more hands of HE if that makes sense. I will say that I was making around $25-$30/hr and had a better results in stud then HE
Old 08-07-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably more hours of stud but more hands of HE if that makes sense. I will say that I was making around $25-$30/hr and had a better results in stud then HE

[/ QUOTE ]

That's impressive.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:52 PM

Beer,

I've had the handle for over 10 years.. When I signed up for my first email address at yahoo every handle was taken and I happened to be drinking a frappe so I tried "frappeboy" and its stuck ever since.

There is a comic strip written about frappeboy.. Check it out at http://www.filefishcomics.com/cast/braden.htm
Old 08-07-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beer,

I've had the handle for over 10 years.. When I signed up for my first email address at yahoo every handle was taken and I happened to be drinking a frappe so I tried "frappeboy" and its stuck ever since.

There is a comic strip written about frappeboy.. Check it out at http://www.filefishcomics.com/cast/braden.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, can you ship lstream some of those pills? He said he'd like them, but he's too shy to ask. I told him 2" should be plenty, but he says he's real insecure. Anyway, it might be a nice getsture.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:11 PM

meh - its only 2.5 - 3 BB an hour generally played two tables so not that great.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:36 PM

www.zeejustin.com
Old 08-07-2005, 05:08 PM

My life as an online pro is a lot different from most. I don't actually put in that many hours more: used to be I'd play 16-20 hours a week, and now that I moved to Cleveland something in the 25-35 range. Varies a lot and always has, because I mostly only play when I feel like it, and when I'm not off doing something more fun like being a roadie for hardcore bands. Also unlike most, I do most of my playing during the day and during the week, although it varies. I prefer to save my evenings and weekends for hanging out with my girlfriend and friends, most of the time. Of course, I'm also not getting as rich as a lot of other players, but that was never really my goal. I just didn't want to get a job [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

But that brings us to the story of how I got into it, which I'll save for another day.