Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Thin Value Bet.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably fold preflop unless I'm tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]

YUCK!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, OK, you're right. I checked the PR EV stats for 5/10 (5 max), and this hand looks profitable outside of the blinds. Also in my own DBs for 5/10 and 10/20, I've made money with this hand.

J9o is a loser, though, from all positions. It's remarkable how much difference being sooted makes.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:07 PM

My range of hands for raising a limper from the CO and raising a limper from the button are not significantly different unless the button is very loose. If I'm going to play a hand like J9s from the CO I'd like to raise to knock the button off hands like KT and gain position and initiative for the hand.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:34 PM

J9o sucks big donkey balls.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My range of hands for raising a limper from the CO and raising a limper from the button are not significantly different unless the button is very loose. If I'm going to play a hand like J9s from the CO I'd like to raise to knock the button off hands like KT and gain position and initiative for the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put. There's a huge amount of money to be made imo in the 5/10 game from isolating these people who limp in wiht crap.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads?

I probably fold preflop unless I'm tilting.

BB is going to have a weak queen or a missed flush/stright draw often. I think you're ahead more than 50%, but I don't know if you're ahead 50% when villain calls. Everyone else says bet, but I would have checked it.

[/ QUOTE ]

THe thing about that is, so freaking many times I see an uniknown 5/10 villian call with A2o here, or any number of other crappy hands. He's callign with any pair and many ace highs. No one believes anyone in that game.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THe thing about that is, so freaking many times I see an uniknown 5/10 villian call with A2o here, or any number of other crappy hands. He's callign with any pair and many ace highs. No one believes anyone in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that they call with these hands, but do they bet them on the flop?
Old 08-07-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
J9o sucks big donkey balls.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why I thought fold at first. I didn't realize the suited one did so much better.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While it's possible BB has a scared Q2 or A9, this is a bet. Worse 9's, 5's, PP's, a diamond draw that picked up a pair, and sometimes A-hi (busted FD) will call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how many of these hands bet the flop when the pot is 4 handed. Most 5/10 players are too passive for that.

If BB had check/called every street or if goofball has a read that he is aggressive, then I agree this is a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. If he's not going to bet these types of hands I don't think hero should be raising the flop, however. I assumed his flop raise meant that he figured himself to be ahead of villains flop donking standards - rare is the player who will donk draws but not made hands, in my experience.

Surf