Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2005, 10:39 AM

Default A8o against a SH (ex)-pro. What line do I take?

OK guys, first of all, this is SH, but the other player and I get it HU on the flop, so don't worry so much about that. This is mainly to do with my opponent, and the optimal way to play this hand. We discussed it for about five minutes or so after the hand and I'm still not sure about the best line.

The villian in question is, quite simply, way better than I am. He is always changing gears, sometimes raising with very strong hands, sometimes with little at all. He plays very straightfowardly against the other players, but gets tricky against me. He knows I am a 2+2er, and we are in the process of destroying two fish who want to sit with us SH. He used to play Party 10/20 6-max professionally, but has found a new (real) job. I am outmatched.

Borgata 10/20 (4 handed)

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG Opponent is BB.

I raise, button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop:

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian leads out, I raise, button folds, villian 3-bets...

How do I proceed here?

He plays both big hands and trash very quickly, FWIW.