Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: How to Get Rid of Jealousy?

2. I felt that way with my first serious girlfriend. I was around your age. I think alot of it may come from your own lack of experience. Not that that is a negative thing. Its jut an age thing. After you date more girls, you won't have these feelings anymore.
This may reflect some problems that could arise in your relationship. (I dont want to sound condescending, but I wish someone would have told me this when I was your age.) I am only 22 now, but anyway.
For this to bother you, you must care about this girl very deeply. Some of this is hormones. Make sure you aren't being overbearing. This holds true for most relationships. If you give a girl too much attention etc she will lose interest. Make sure that you are the one that ends phone conversations (not always, but a general rule). Make sure that she is the one begging you to hang out and not vice versa. Dont call her too often. Dont always answer her calls. This is young dating advise stuff, but it is the truth. It is a mistake I made, and I dont like making mistakes more than once.

Hope this helps
blake
Old 08-06-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure you aren't being overbearing. This holds true for most relationships.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice.

[ QUOTE ]
If you give a girl too much attention etc she will lose interest. Make sure that you are the one that ends phone conversations (not always, but a general rule). Make sure that she is the one begging you to hang out and not vice versa. Dont call her too often. Dont always answer her calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded advice.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Hello,Korush! Jealous is normal. However,..

if ur actions toward ur friend is dictated by ur jealousy,then u need to admit this to ur self . U WILL need to change UR attitude. Otherwise,ur relationship will ALWAYS be stormy.
Sorry,but there is NO IDEAL WOMAN/MAN in this world.
They ALL come with some skeletons in their closet.If u can't accept ur friend "AS IS",then LEAVE. Being alone is much better then having a rocky relationship.
Look at yourself in the mirror and count ur own skeletons.
When U play poker and encounter a run of bad beats,do u go berserk?(Similar to being jealous in a relationship).
Or do u calmly "ride thru the storm" ,maintaining ur PATIENCE and DISCIPLINE?
This is similar to controling ur jealousy and NOT letting ur emotions control ur actions toward ur friend.
VERY difficult to do. However,good poker players do it frequently. This is one reason Y they are CONSISTENT winners. To be a consistent winner in life,u must be dictated by reason,logic,compassion,understanding,Etc.--NOT BY UR ILLOGICAL EMOTIONS.
HappyPokering,
SittingBull
Old 08-06-2005, 08:21 PM

This is why I want to marry a virgin or close to that. It drives me absolutely nuts (a girl's history that is). You're right, it's not insecurity. It's something else.

All I know is this: girls don't care about sex the way men do. They don't care about it on the same level whatsoever. They don't see it as power, or extreme intimacy, or many of the things that we see it as. For women, sex is a tool to achieve their relationship goals. They typically understand the extreme importance sex represents for men, and they take that into account. They will use sex in various ways to get what they want in a relationship. This is true for young and old women, those who just met a guy or those who have been married for 30 years.

The key is to create a life for yourself where you do not depend on sex and don't 'overvalue' it, or if you do, make sure you don't have only one woman to get it from. Because, pun intended, you will get screwed.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't care about it on the same level whatsoever. They don't see it as power, or extreme intimacy, or many of the things that we see it as. For women, sex is a tool to achieve their relationship goals. They typically understand the extreme importance sex represents for men, and they take that into account. They will use sex in various ways to get what they want in a relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true for some women, but as a generalization it is complete bullshit.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:49 PM

Just dont imagine 2 well hung guys tag teaming her, or dont think about her getting drunk and letting some guy backdoor her. And whatever you do dont ever think of your girlfriend swallowing some long hair hippie guy...it will drive you crazy
Old 08-07-2005, 02:18 AM

If it isn't insecurity then you have trust issues. In the past, when I've had a previous girlfriend whos still a friend AND i'm currently seeing someone, I will offer that we all hang out. That way new gf can see that there is no threat from old gf.

Here's the test:
If I'm not comfortable being with my old gf and new gf then it's (the old gf) an innapropriate relationship that I shouldn't be involved in. If i'm not comfortable kissing, be affectionate with, anything you would do with your regular friends, etc in front of my old gf then it's inappropriate and not fair to the new gf.

Have you met this guy? If so, how is your gf with you when your all together?

It boils down to this:

If your gf's old bf still has a thing for her, even if she feels nothing for him, then it's not an appropriate relationship.

If she or he is uncomfortable with all of you hanging out then it's an innappropriate relationship.

If he or she is not comfortable with her kissing you or being affectionate with you in front of him then it's an inappropriate relationship.

If all is good and you've all hung out together and she's as affectionate with you as she usually is then you have some trust issues that you need to deal with.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you give a girl too much attention etc she will lose interest. Make sure that you are the one that ends phone conversations (not always, but a general rule). Make sure that she is the one begging you to hang out and not vice versa. Dont call her too often. Dont always answer her calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it sounds stupid doesnt it?
Its tried, tested and the truth.
Teenage girls love it when you treat em bad.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Retarded advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it sounds stupid doesnt it?
Its tried, tested and the truth.
Teenage girls love it when you treat em bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one of the reasons why when I was younger I always went out with older women
Old 08-07-2005, 07:39 AM

This is some of the most dumbass advice on the topic of love I've ever seen. Except for FireyJustice (nice hand, sire)

Here's a suggestion: videotape the tramp and sell her out on the internet. For those trying to make sense of teenage girls, just stick your arm into a running blender. It's less painful.