Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: TT_FOLD\'S 4-MONITOR SETUP!!!111one

Where in Conn. do you live?...teach me how to 14 table the $55s [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 09:12 PM

One thing I dont understand is why do peolpe play sit and gos without the avatars. The avatars somehow make it much easier for me to know exactly how many players are left with a quick glance, whereas when they are turned off it takes my brain a little longer to register.

Maybe this is just a problem of mine though...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:20 PM

1. The only acceptable gang sign is WU TANG! VV!

2. What's the difference in strategy/results etc. between playing 8sngs or whatever a time and opening a new one when one closes, and waiting until they are over?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:24 PM

is that 4 empire accounts?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:25 PM

Jesus, how young are you?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One thing I dont understand is why do peolpe play sit and gos without the avatars. The avatars somehow make it much easier for me to know exactly how many players are left with a quick glance, whereas when they are turned off it takes my brain a little longer to register.

Maybe this is just a problem of mine though...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understnd the "avatars are for amateurs" line of thinking either. In addition to what you said, I also find that it makes it a little easier to differentiate between different players at different tables.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 PM

Haha, you guys tease me about the same things as my friends. I'm 18 (born 4/1/87), and I managed to go to Turning Stone in May without having to show ID. Based on your comments, I won't be taking any trips to Foxwoods until I turn 21. As for seeing R-rated movies... I got carded when I went to see Wedding Crashers.

The haircut - meh - I've gone with the long, sloppy look for years so it's just a habit. It was actually way uglier earlier in the summer.

I changed my avatar to the one that peachy uses a few months back when everyone on OOT adopted the peachy avatar for a day.

This quad-monitor setup is located in my basement, hence the ugly wood walls and table.

The PartyPoker avatars are a major distraction to me. I actually find it easier to see the stacks & number of players remaining without the ugly, colorful characters in the way. I downloaded the green felt mods at ChipLitre.com and I play 4 tables of Empire/4 of Party/4 of Eurobet/2 of Intertops. I get rakeback at all the skins but Intertops.

As for my winrate? Well, I just started using the setup on 6/29/05... my 1/2/3 splits for my first 1000 SNGs were (in white) <font color="white">154/128/110</font> so my ROI for the first 1k was (again in white)<font color="white">24%</font>. All that really says is that I've run well and that 14-tabling has produced the same ROI as did 4-tabling and 8-tabling prior to buying this setup. The whole setup cost $3300 = computer + 4 discounted Dell LCD's + quad monitor stand.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:46 PM

Listen if you want more rakeback you realize you can easily get setup to play more than 4 tables at eurobet. Its sick to play without rakeback.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:10 PM

How can you play more then 4 tables at once at Eurobet? What is the limit?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you play more then 4 tables at once at Eurobet? What is the limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some affiliates allow you to set up 2 accounts with them for the purposes of playing more than 4 tables.