Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: AK: opponent bets 3rd diamond

In position, I'm planning on raising a bet from villain on the river. Position is very nice here because we are gaurenteed that bets will go in on the river.

If villain gets frisky and three bets, I'm very mad and probably start punching things and stuff... I'll need a read, but with 11 BB in the pot, needing to be ahead about 9% of the time... I don't know, against an unknown I might, I don't know... maybe... call or fold or something.

River three-bet would SUCK! I don't think folding is going to be that bad ever, because river bluff raise three-betting is very, very rare. So, actually, I'll fold and not be too concerned about it.

I think this is a very unlikely outcome; we have the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and so lesser flushes may well not three-bet us on the river for fear we were slow-playing the nuts.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a very unlikely outcome; we have the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and so lesser flushes may well not three-bet us on the river for fear we were slow-playing the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure that the river three bet is all that rare. Imagine you hit the flush and donk bet on the turn for value beacause a c/r looks to obvious and you want to get bets in. If the late player just calls, you're leading river obviously. If you get raised and the river isn't a diamond, are you not three betting your flush out of fear?

At the same time his donk bet does hint of protecting against a four flush, so we are likely ahead. In which case what is wrong with raising the turn?

Either way, we are putting in a raise somewhere w/ the same amount of bets. The advantage the river brings is that we have seen all the cards, and can fold to a raise with more confidence.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:25 PM

I call twice and take note on what he bet into me on the turn. Then I use that read for later.

Rob
Old 08-04-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call twice and take note on what he bet into me on the turn. Then I use that read for later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding! Winnar!

Calling, it's the new raising.

- Jim