Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: 2/4 party nl 6 max - naked ace

[ QUOTE ]
i have 550 to start on button, and have been slightly laggish but not out of control. have villain covered. 5 handed. EVREYONE limps to me. i limp with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5. blinds completed.

flop (20) [8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]. utg bets 15, mp1 called, villain in mp2 ($850 to start hand, seems solid from what i can tell, shown down quality hands and built his stack up nice. he hasn't been making too many moves from what i can tell and looks to be playing his hand values, although will take stabs at smaller pots when others show weakness) calls, cutoff calls. i make it 50 straight with naked ace. sb folds, bb (initial bettor) folds. villain in mp2 makes it 150 straight. cutoff folds. if i raise all in it will be 290 more to villain, as i now have 390 or so left. villain has me covered. whats the play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically you don't have just a naked ace, you've also got a straight draw in there.

It's push or fold, man. If he's got the flush already you've got to fold. Against a set you've got OK equity, but not great. Against anything else you're in fine shape.

So does he have the flush?