Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Party\'s Interrogations Teams Suck

[ QUOTE ]
It looks to me like Party took appropriate action, where the players actions are suspicious but not conclusive based on their entire history...

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read in my OP that they admitted in the chat that they were cheating? They were quite insulting actually, they were telling the table to [censored] off and when we were threatening that they would be banned they just said that Party isnt going to do [censored] about them. I think that they should be banned from playing again on party's servers.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:11 AM

stop being so nervous man.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) They see some suspicious activity, but no conclusive proof (It sounds to me like they alluding that these players didn't always conclude, but any suspicious activity may have recently), so they can't in all fairness, ban them.

[/ QUOTE ]

One instance of collusion should be enough. As the perps in this case admitted in the chat that they were in fact colluding seizing their funds to repay the victims seem entirely fair.

Then roll the colluders in tar and feather and run them out of town. Though the last part is probably just wishful thinking...
Old 08-05-2005, 09:15 AM

i think party should do more, but probably can't. Their actions are useless. first off they are going to prevent the two people from playing together and then will track whether they do anything suspicious? well, i think the days of their cheating are over. once you stop them from playing together you are pretty much ending their chances to cheat.

On the other side, there can be situations when betting patters appear to be fishy but turn out to be coincidental. i would hate to be banned because i played at a table with a crazy man and people suspected me of cheating.

All in all, this is what you get with online play. cheating is fairly uncommon but it does happen. the online sites do their best to prevent it, but they will never be able to stop it completely. be happy party poker is doing something about it.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah I was on Empire. I haven't been on Party in weeks so I didn't notice. How come Empire doesn't have the 50/100 and 100/200 tables? I thought the two clients are pretty identical.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are "pretty identical." party keeps some games just for itself, so that it has advantages over the other skins. the higher limit games, a whole flotilla of MTTs, the step tournaments, are all just examples of this.

citanul
Old 08-05-2005, 04:54 PM

That e-mail is the same as the one I recieved from them, identical word for word when I reported two players blatantly cheating.

They would both sit at a shorthanded table with only another player or two and force the other players out of the pot by raisng and reraisng. I acccused them of this and they left the table, sat down at another one and repated.

I followed them around for a bit and watched what they were doing. They were doing this over several tables, going to a new table when the other players left or became suspicious.

I logged onto a differnt party skin under a different name sat down at the same table as them and cleaned them out.

They then accused me of cheating. lol
Old 08-05-2005, 05:22 PM

Thank you for re-emphasizing their "confession". In an odd way, I find it reassuring.

I agree that NO cheating should be tolerated, but it would have been strongly against Party's interests to let them play, if they saw evidence of actual cheating -- especially by 'bragging cheaters', who make other players uncomfortable about playing on their site!

Just because they said they were cheating doesn't make it true. Every week 2+2'ers report ridiculous comments they made to put people on tilt (whether or not it was sensible). Every week, we hear reports of "self-confessed" members of highly profitable colluding teams (often bragging about their profits while playing the lowest stakes and losing). Heck, every week, a few jerks get arrested by the feds for making bomb and terrorist jokes at airports, despite posted warnings since the 70s and HEAVY media coverage since 9/11.

I don't have a high opinion of Party investigations, but they can see ALL the cards.

Still, you were there. I wasn't. I was just giving my impression based on the e-mail.