Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Talk me out of buying this vehicle...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I currently 14-table the $55 SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a typo?

[/ QUOTE ]

No typo...

I copied Raptor and bought the exact same 4-monitor setup (2001FPs) and stand. I'll post a digital pic tomorrow afternoon when someone else is awake to take the pic for me (I would take the pic myself but I don't want to look like a MySpace tool holding my own camera).
Old 08-04-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-04-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will help you. Nothing says White Trash like a Caddie. The only worse car you could maybe get would be the Mustang or Corvette they scream White Trash with Small Penis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Escalade has a drug dealer/athlete rep. But just consider what it would be like to own a car that used to belong to an NFL superstar. Usually, a sports car this "cool" would run for 6 digits... but here I have a chance to buy an extremely unique car for 35K. The vertical doors + the former owner outweigh all the cons IMO.

Keep the posts coming

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't references the drug dealer aspect. I was referring to Caddies in general, they are what poor people aspire to own. They are junk dude your 18 pimp an Audi or something you will get more ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Get an audi, because if I had the money to blow on this thing, I wouldn't be blowing it on this thing, and whenever I see audi I think sexy. Get an audi, get some ass. This man's advice is awesome.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will help you. Nothing says White Trash like a Caddie. The only worse car you could maybe get would be the Mustang or Corvette they scream White Trash with Small Penis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Escalade has a drug dealer/athlete rep. But just consider what it would be like to own a car that used to belong to an NFL superstar. Usually, a sports car this "cool" would run for 6 digits... but here I have a chance to buy an extremely unique car for 35K. The vertical doors + the former owner outweigh all the cons IMO.

Keep the posts coming

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't references the drug dealer aspect. I was referring to Caddies in general, they are what poor people aspire to own. They are junk dude your 18 pimp an Audi or something you will get more ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get your drift... I don't know, to me I'd come across as more of a tool by buying some lame sports car like every other kid with money. If I get this Escalade, impressing girls will not be one of my main motivating factors. It's cheesy in my mind to aspire to a sedan like all the other kids in my demographic group.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody talk me out of this outrageous plan!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point? It's not like anyone who would come up with this 'plan' is gonna listen to reason...
Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the posts coming

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get your drift... I don't know, to me I'd come across as more of a tool by buying some lame sports car like every other kid with money. If I get this Escalade, impressing girls will not be one of my main motivating factors. It's cheesy in my mind to aspire to a sedan like all the other kids in my demographic group.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, learn to drive stick and get an Acura RSX-S Type. I have an RSX (not S-type ::cri:, and it's a pretty sweet vehicle. Also, as long as you're not dating women absolutely rolling in it, it doesn't do too bad to "look impressive" or whatever.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 AM

Being completely serious for a second, if you want a large SUV for this price range (used, of course), get a BMW X5. You can find them with the same mileage as this Escalade at the same price. You do not want GM, trust me.

Plus, you'll be driving something respectable.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Being completely serious for a second, if you want a large SUV for this price range (used, of course), get a BMW X5. You can find them with the same mileage as this Escalade at the same price. You do not want GM, trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a complete tangent, but a family friend drives one of those Porsche SUVs as a company car, and I thought a Porsche SUV was totally silly but then I got inside of his and it's awesome. That is all.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-04-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a complete tangent, but a family friend drives one of those Porsche SUVs as a company car, and I thought a Porsche SUV was totally silly but then I got inside of his and it's awesome. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Cayenne? Yep, those things are excellent. My friend's dad has a Cayenne S, and it's an amazing vehicle. It's fast, handles extremely well for an SUV, and is luxurious as hell.

That said, good luck finding one for $25k within the next 8-10 years. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]