Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Meet My Two New Favorite Players (LC)

Excuse me for not wanting to help someone who verbally attacks me. Go suck a cock.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me for not wanting to help someone who verbally attacks me. Go suck a cock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude, I've never verbally attacked you or anyone on this forum. Whatever I've said was in good fun. But you are taking it too far.

--end of discussion--
Old 08-04-2005, 01:24 AM

looks fine.

To B: This is not meant to sound harsh, but while possible redraws to a bd str8 on a flush board or that possible 5th nut flush are fun and all...OPs hand is not exactly the kind of thing u want to party with. A bet or check raise on this flop does nothing for your hand, nor help u in anyway...more like hinder it. I looked at this hand for a little over a minute and tried to come up with a different line that didnt burn money...but alas there are no alternates here.

Got to love the CO, cost u the pot. But u gotta fold here. NH
Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And if there was 1 less person, I bet/raise this 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baronzeus - I think you've become an accomplished player in a short time and play well. But your willingness to adhere to "I do this 100% of the time" is an aspect of your play that you really need to think through, particularly in SH play.

[ QUOTE ]
If I can play aggressively with mid pair I will definitely not undervalue my top pair in a 5handed or 6handed game.

[/ QUOTE ]

An alternative viewpoint might ask if your instances of playing aggressively with mid-pair is always the wisest choice and why your approach in such hands should dictate play in this hand. TP is a heckuva lot different if TP is a 7 or a T or an A.

I'm not trying to bash in any way, but I am suggesting that you think harder about applying formulaic approaches to situations such as flopping TP depending on other aspects of the hand / players at issue in any given hand.

[ QUOTE ]
looks fine.

To B: This is not meant to sound hard, but while possible redraws to a bd str8 on a flush board or that possible 5th nut flush are fun and all...but OPs hand is not exactly the kind of thing u want to party with. A bet or check raise on this flop does nothing for your hand, nor help u in anyway...more like hinder it. I looked at this hand for a little over a minute and tried to come up with a different line that didnt burn money...but alas there are no alternates here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the top part, but I don't know if I fold after it got checked through on the ace. I think you can be fairly sure CO doesn't have an A here.

Can't overcall.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:28 AM

There are a few realizations I made in this thread, that are probably leaks that I need to attend to.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:30 AM

Reminds me of another hand I played today that shows you can't rely on stats. This guy was 80/0/.2

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Tc Td (three of a kind, tens).
Button has Qd Kc (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.20 BB. </font>
Old 08-04-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks fine.

To B: This is not meant to sound hard, but while possible redraws to a bd str8 on a flush board or that possible 5th nut flush are fun and all...but OPs hand is not exactly the kind of thing u want to party with. A bet or check raise on this flop does nothing for your hand, nor help u in anyway...more like hinder it. I looked at this hand for a little over a minute and tried to come up with a different line that didnt burn money...but alas there are no alternates here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the top part, but I don't know if I fold after it got checked through on the ace. I think you can be fairly sure CO doesn't have an A here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its a little over 11:1 when it gets to u...and u have to beat a bettor and caller...are u good here that much of the time? (throw the results out of your mind)
Old 08-04-2005, 01:35 AM

Donkalicious:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Hero has 8h 4h (full house, eights full of fours).
Button has Kc Kd (two pair, kings and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.50 BB. </font>

Edit: more from the same donk
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6 BB

SB has 8h Td (one pair, fives).
Hero has Th Kc (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 6 BB. </font>

After one time when I let him open complete and I flopped two pair, I saw that whenever he open completed he'd bet the whole way regardless, I guess to try to be aggressive. This guy was the worst player I've ever played with.