Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: 10-20 NL: Awkward spot w/ JJ

[ QUOTE ]
Would would pushing accomplish that betting 1200 wouldn't (not questioning your advice...still learning NL)?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]if you decide to bet, you are going to be totally potcomitted, so you might as well bet everything. it is not ofte that youre only options are push or check/fold against two opponents (unless you have nothing), but i believe this is prob one of those instances. i dont love OPs hand, but i certainly dont hate it enough to just check/fold (he said these guys are sucky and the board has a bunch of draws everywhere) soooo... i say move in and see what happens
Old 08-04-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If villain is a bad LAG, I might let him take the lead here, check/raise allin. But that's only if I'm pretty sure he'll bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this line. MP is not a concern given his stack size. if villain is as bad as you say i dont see how we can fold here, and giving a LAG rope is generally more profitable than putting a LAG to decision.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:51 PM

Totally forgot about MP, that's even better. MP is bound to put the rest in, LAG will call, then you can pop them both and if LAG folds, dead money, if he calls, you're probably ahead.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10-20 NL. Full ring.

I (~$4,900) raise to $70 UTG+1 w/ J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP (~$1,100) calls, LP ($675) calls, Button (~$2k) calls. MP seems okay, nothing special, maybe calls too much. LP is unknown. Button is a bad LAG--bluffs too much, calls w/ improper odds, etc. My image is reasonable and I've been showing down lots of winners, although the button knows that I'm capable of being pretty out there sometimes ([img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

($310) Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet $299, MP calls, LP folds, button calls.

($1,207) Turn is the 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hero?

I think this might be routine but I just wanted to check in.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I threw people off a little bit w/ my description of MP. He's not bad, he's just not that tricky, i.e., when he bets, he generally has something, but maybe calls too much, especially preflop.

Anyway, something felt rotten in Denmark to me when the turn fell. I'm now losing to a flopped set, as well as 89s and 75s. I decided to check the turn and see what developed, with the idea of folding if MP bet and button called, and pushing if MP checked and the button bet.

So I checked, MP pushed for his last ~$750, button called real quick (I knew he was drawing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), and I begrudingly decided to lay it down. MP had 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the straight, and button scooped the pot w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] when the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fell on the river.

I'm curious if anyone thinks my fold is terrible here?

Thanks for the replies.