Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Getting more out of it

That may be a part of the problem...I've essentially been playing Lee Jones style for the last two years, where I never represent a hand I don't have. It seems like you have to be a lot more aggressive in a short game. Is this the benefit to moving to that table? I gather that people will overvalue their hands. An idea of why a 6 person table is more profitable than 10 would be appreciated.

I do have the Advanced Hold Em book by Sklansky on the shelf, which disgusted me after I tried using some of those advanced tactics in 3/6 and they cost me money (my fault, obviously). Does the short game section of that book provide sound advice for 3/6-5/10, or is it the same aggression strategy that's only effective at the higher limits?

Also, don't most good players flock to the short games? I don't understand why fish would be attracted to them, and it seems like it's the favored game for a lot of people who play seriously.