Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Party 10-20NL Bottom set against BBuddy

[ QUOTE ]
well from this line it looks like he's in one of his moods, if he's not you're still not losing that often and when you are it's NOT TO A SET... i'll stand by that

he's crazy... i still have no idea how he wins

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure he wins? It's hard to believe that anyone who bets 10x the pot with any frequency can be profitable in the long run. Maybe it gives him some action on his good hands, but there can't be that many people who fall for that routine at the 10/20 level. Or could there be?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure he wins? It's hard to believe that anyone who bets 10x the pot with any frequency can be profitable in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]this may be hard for you to believe, but it is not hard for ppl who no how to play to belive (SRY).
BTW/ this is a 3xpot raise.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure he wins? It's hard to believe that anyone who bets 10x the pot with any frequency can be profitable in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]this may be hard for you to believe, but it is not hard for ppl who no how to play to belive (SRY).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that I don't "no" how to play. I've read a lot of posts in here and its not very often that someone reccomends moving all-in for $2,000 into a $240 pot.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that I don't "no" how to play. I've read a lot of posts in here and its not very often that someone reccomends moving all-in for $2,000 into a $240 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]haha... no. i must really need to go to sleep bad.
pot is 480 when he moves in.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:22 PM

B_Buddy, aka B_Budddy can drive you crazy. This is a fairly typical move and if I've got a set I'm going to beat him into the pot. He can also play a solid game. The first time you play against him if he's in this mood, which isn't always, you're in for a ride. Fasten your seat belt.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]haha... no. i must really need to go to sleep bad.
pot is 480 when he moves in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually its 360 when its his turn to act. Still doesn't change my mind that it is not an optimal strategy
Old 08-03-2005, 02:27 PM

Overbetting can be an optimal strategy if it fits into your unified strategy. It won't be optimal if you only randomly do it occasionally and only with one particular type of hand. And this should be obvious to anyone posting here but to calculate the size of a raise first you call the bet to you and then you raise. So it was 120+120 bet+120 call+120 BB's call = 480 pot. He then raised another 1520. So he raised 1520/480=3.16x the pot.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And this should be obvious to anyone posting here but to calculate the size of a raise first you call the bet to you and then you raise. So it was 120+120 bet+120 call+120 BB's call = 480 pot. He then raised another 1520. So he raised 1520/480=3.16x the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, spare me your damn condescension. I know how to calculate the size of a raise. But using the 360 number is more useful for calculating his EV because 360 is what he wins if everyone else folds. His EV is (%fold)*360 + (%call)*(%win)*(~4240). That is why I used the 360 number, so chill
Old 08-03-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hard to believe that anyone who bets 10x the pot with any frequency can be profitable in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iam interested in some proof or at least good arguments for this statement. Would you be so kind to give some ?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:55 PM

Well, I don't mean to be condescending. But you don't know the difference between a call and a raise, apparently.