Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: 2 more hands i\'m not sure if I played right

I didn't say he had 99. I just said he had a strong hand. I meant if he had a marginal hand, he wouldn't play this way, because he also has to worry about the unlikely 4. I'd say 99-AA,A9,K9,AK.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:04 PM

my mistake. hand 2 i am in the small blind, not big. BB folded PF. i didn't post UTG.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:10 PM

With that range of hands, hero is about 1.26:1 dog on the turn. Since it's more than 2.5 big bets in the pot, calling down is fine.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:11 PM

Then it's a very clear raise pf.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:45 AM

Hand 1: Just call the turn bet. You can't fold to a 3-bet on the turn here and you may have up to 10 outs.

Hand 2: I tend to 3-bet this and would then be leading/3-betting the flop. Calling and check/raising is fine as well.

I would consider calling the 3-bet and leading the turn or check/calling down. People will do strange things on a paired board/blind steal and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find AK here. Reads will help though - against a passive it's an easy laydown to the 3-bet.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's not afraid of a 4, that must mean he has the only 99 left. I think this is putting him on a too narrow range of hands. TT-AA is a possibility, but so is K9, Q9, J9, T9, a severely overplayed AK, AQ, and perhaps even 88,77. With TPTK, getting 6:1, 5 outs and a possibility of having the best hand is a call here for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic is faulty. He's not afraid of a 4 because it is unlikely that either player has one, not because he is able to beat a 4.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:53 AM

I dont like the CR turn, I check call here and fold the river if you dont improve, you AK high isnt beating whatever this guy shows down. The cr risks a 3 bet as well, You need to see the river because you have 2 overs and in inside draw.

On the 2nd hand, I think this guys prob on a low pp such as 99 or even 66. He doesnt put you on A9, and your clearly aggressive, the flop is broken, 3 toned and ragged, its a good bluff pot. He thinks he has the best hand, thats why he raised you. Dont spew chips here, he will have u beat about 70% of the time. and the other 30 youll never see his cards...
No way Im giving this guy credit for a boat, and highly unlikely on the 4 although possible!
good luck
cdl