Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Pocket JJ\'s, then all hell broke loose....

True, but could you see yourself or any "thinking player" cold calling with that hand and then calling another raise?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
True, but could you see yourself or any "thinking player" cold calling with that hand and then calling another raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't cold call.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:17 PM

I would have called UTG+1's turn raise, because it looks like he just made a straight, but you still have 10 outs to a full-house or quads. Its possible that UTG+1 was raising the turn with 2 pair, but I consider the straight more likely.

Its unfortunate that MP2 got into a raising war with UTG+1 on the river. I am not sure whether I would have called on the river or not, because I doubt that your set of J's is good.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its unfortunate that MP2 got into a raising war with UTG+1 on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate when that happens... you realize your're probably beat but want to see the showdown for one bet in case your good, and some Donk who's also beat but doesn't realize it starts raising.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:28 PM

No, I don't put UTG+1 on the straight. Who the hell is cold-calling a raise and three bet without position with that a low suited semi-connector?

I think you played the hand as well as you could.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to nit pick, but he limped in, MP2 raiseed, and I re-raised, putting two bets back to him so yes, he cold called.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its unfortunate that MP2 got into a raising war with UTG+1 on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate when that happens... you realize your're probably beat but want to see the showdown for one bet in case your good, and some Donk who's also beat but doesn't realize it starts raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, this was what was going through my head, but I didn't really think 68 or T8 was a possibility, so I didn't mind it much. I was thinking an overplayed AA by one, and trip 9's or something like that.
I guess I should rejoice in the fact that I am sitting at a table with idiots, but I stayed there another hour or so with the same run of luck. Back at it tomorrow I guess.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't put UTG+1 on the straight. Who the hell is cold-calling a raise and three bet without position with that a low suited semi-connector?

[/ QUOTE ]
UTG1 called and then was faced with a three bet with the chance of it getting capped. He should have folded there I think, but this is .5/1 were talking about. A lot of guys will call two back to them after they've invested one at this limit. A lot of .5/1 players may not even think about the fact it could get capped and they'll have to pay another bet to see the flop. Ya, he probably shouldn't have called with 86 from Early Position in the first place, but again, this is .5/1 were talking about, and it was sOOted!

So ya, I thought a straight was possible.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to nit pick, but he limped in, MP2 raiseed, and I re-raised, putting two bets back to him so yes, he cold called.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just a terminology thing and not that important, but Deception is right. He didn't cold call. Cold calling is calling 2 or more bets when you haven't yet put any money in on that street.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:58 PM

I think I fold this when it's two more back to me on the river if I know my opponents are semi-reasonable, but I probably call this since I'm not sure.

The first bet and raise scares me, as MP2 hitting his set seems like the most likely possibility given the pf and turn action, but there's no way I'm folding just yet -- especially against unknowns. Once it comes back capped I don't think there's much chance you're still ahead unless you're up against at least one serial overplayer -- but there are enough of them around that I don't think calling sans reads is that bad.

The rest of the hand is fine.