Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: FL vote rigging, old news?

This is most likely bull****

It would be a lot more credible if there was a date, time, and location, or a broadcast logo.

In any case I think it's BS because if it were remotly real the main stream media would have been all over it.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:56 PM

I agree,I think I now know what tom brokaw might be up too. heh
Old 08-02-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I believe BUSH is a terrible president, and I am certainly not a minority opinion on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, according to the 2004 election, you are. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I've heard so many BS stories, I'm not going to lie about it... "i will try it" doesn't exactly exude scientific testing, or even credible research. And as it was already said, if there was anything valid, mainstream media would have absolutely jumped all over it at the first opportunity.

Of course, maybe I was wrong...is this newest piece of whining attempting to out deceit that hasn't been able to be proven in 5 years, or is it about the 04 election?

Oh well. I don't know why I'm even in here...the politics forum in a non-election year, not exactly the pinnacle of reason.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:48 AM

Hey Edge34, I have some news for you.

The 2004 election happened 9 months ago, and recent polls show Bush's approval rating at 45%:

Zogby America Poll. July 26-30, 2005. N=1,042 likely voters nationwide. MoE ± 3.1. RV = registered voters

Excellent/Good %: 45%
Fair/Poor %: 55%

Other polls seem to indicate the same trend.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:39 AM

Most polls I've seen show him at about 47% approval 42-45% disapproval and the rest left as unsure.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most polls I've seen show him at about 47% approval 42-45% disapproval and the rest left as unsure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me one. I showed you one so I want you to show me a one within the past two weeks that has those numbers.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:33 AM

Bush Approval Ratings Has 3 Polls, 2 of the 3 have him with a higger approval rating than dissproval rating. The one with the higher dissproval rating as a much bigger margin of error than the other polls.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush Approval Ratings Has 3 Polls, 2 of the 3 have him with a higger approval rating than dissproval rating. The one with the higher dissproval rating as a much bigger margin of error than the other polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this post should be moderated off this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The average of the polls shows Bush's unfavorable is higher than his favorable. Add to that the fact that the most favorable poll for Bush was conducted by Fox News.

By the way, even if his favorable was barely above 50% (which is NOT the case in ANY poll) that would be a dismal result.

Right now, Bush is one of the least popular presidents in U.S. history - start accepting it.

-ptmusic
Old 08-02-2005, 02:31 PM

If you look closely the poll that is against bush, has a much greater margin of error.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Add to that the fact that the most favorable poll for Bush was conducted by Fox News.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the other one was Rasmussen, which has historically had Bush rated 4-6% points higher than other national polls. They also refuse to disclose ANY of their sampling or weighting methodology.