Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Great HU hand for discussion

[ QUOTE ]

he checks, Sb bets, He calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB acts first on all rounds after the pre-flop actions.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:00 PM

Im tired and should go bed.

Umm ok check behind, Bet river fold to reraise Oh and if he bets, I *Trys to think* fold.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:11 PM

I'm thinking your ahead on the flop and turn because of this read:

who is capable of slowplaying flopped made hands, usually popping them on the Turn.

If the flop bet came from an A, wouldn't he 3bet the flop here or check flop hoping to c/r turn?

However the potential for a c/r turn is very high here and I probably take the free showdown if he'll give it to you.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you make your flush, it has a good chance of holding up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you make your flush or not is irrelevant. It won't change the probability of having the best hand much at all. Either you opponent has an ace/a king, or he doesn't. If he does, a flush won't help you. If he doesn't, then you have the best hand and your opponent is drawing to at most 4 outs (gutshot).

I think I might check here and call the river no matter what card falls. Only because our opponent is drawing mighty slim or dead if he's behind so I don't mind giving a free card too much. Then when we show weakness perhaps we can pick off a bluff.

Disclaimer: advice from newbie.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:17 PM

I don't like the flop raise - you're rarely getting a free card on this board. Since you did, you should definitely take it and call the river. If your Q high is good he's drawing dead.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop raise - you're rarely getting a free card on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop raise is not just about a free card.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:29 PM

This is probably a case where you should bet the turn in a big pot and check in a small pot. If he doesn't have a pocket/QJ/QT/JT he is drawing dead to a split. So if the pot were 15 BB, you would like for him to fold his T9 since he 7 outs to a chop and should call you if he knew what you had.

The flop raise is also pretty silly IMO for the same reason. If he has something like T9 or T8 and is drawing super thin, just let him keep betting at the pot. You don't want him to fold a 2-outer on the flop in a small pot. And since he isn't going to fold a better hand here, the only thing a raise does is weed out the hands that have no shot. Again this is okay when the pot is big, but it is better to just let him keep betting when the pot is small.

Side note: If you had 32 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] then a flop raise makes more sense. He would be making a mistake if he folds Q9 or 87 or whatever.

Brad
Old 08-01-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop raise - you're rarely getting a free card on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop raise is not just about a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please enlighten me.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hero bets, folds to a raise.

on river (if SB called), if checked to, check. if bet into, fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm anxious to hear why you choose this line.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really like to know if villain would bluff check/raise the turn here.

So anyway, I think the turn might actually give us the best hand and we should bet for value. Since villain is labeled as LA-P, we can safely fold to a check/raise.

EDIT: After thinking some more, (and reading responses) a turn bet is only for value if villain will call with less than Q-high, or fold Q-high.

Here are the options with a turn bet:
1) we bet, villain raises and we have to fold = -1
2) we bet, villain folds = +0
(we gain nothing because we had the better hand anyway)
3) we bet, villain calls = +1
(assumes villain will raise with an A or K)

So the question is: Which of these is more likely? My brain hurts from too much thinking, but I'm tempted to say that checking behind on the turn and calling a river bet is a better play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked over villians hands that I had seen him play(only 100 or so, and only about 25 of those made it to showdown)

I don't think villian is capable of CR bluffing here, but I do believe he is capable of bet/ calling an A or a K here and CR'sing the Turn w/ either one.

You left one out BTW, what happens when we check?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop raise - you're rarely getting a free card on this board. Since you did, you should definitely take it and call the river. If your Q high is good he's drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shadow is right, HU that Flop raise is about more than a free card. Villian raised pre-flop and I just called. HU that's an invitation for him to bet anything here. Given the texture of the flop it is less likely that he has hit anything(only 5 cards he can have that actually hit) and if he had hit it, I still had outs to beat him.

My original line was to Raise the Flop with the flush draw. Bet any Turn and call a raise(I have good odds to the flush draw) and Fold River if he had raised UI. The K wasn't really accounted for in the "any turn" category though.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a case where you should bet the turn in a big pot and check in a small pot. If he doesn't have a pocket/QJ/QT/JT he is drawing dead to a split. So if the pot were 15 BB, you would like for him to fold his T9 since he 7 outs to a chop and should call you if he knew what you had.

The flop raise is also pretty silly IMO for the same reason. If he has something like T9 or T8 and is drawing super thin, just let him keep betting at the pot. You don't want him to fold a 2-outer on the flop in a small pot. And since he isn't going to fold a better hand here, the only thing a raise does is weed out the hands that have no shot. Again this is okay when the pot is big, but it is better to just let him keep betting when the pot is small.

Side note: If you had 32 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] then a flop raise makes more sense. He would be making a mistake if he folds Q9 or 87 or whatever.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very interesting Shillx, I hadn't thought about the size of the pot(ERRRR...Big NoNo) when I decided to Raise. If we know villian will call one more back with anything hoping to catch a pair on the Turn, would that make it any less of a mistake?