Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Lets talk about sets baby

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT FOURBET HERE!
i see ppl do this all the time... truly horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
If he 4-bets here, no one if folding.
They'll check to him on the turn, but so what.
If he just calls, they'll check to the CO, who'll bet, and then Bob will raise and the field will be facing two big bets. I'd rather face them with one big bet, especially since the flop is drawless.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it's big now so you've gotta wait for the turn to apply some real pressure on the draws. A cap on the flop is terrible unless you're 100% certain someone will bet their TP on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are no draws. hero needs to look at maximizing the amount of bets that go in the pot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct I forgot both BB and MP folded. As is I still think a cap on the flop will only get checks for the Js out there on the turn
Old 08-01-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT FOURBET HERE!
i see ppl do this all the time... truly horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't a cold-call just as scary, or even scarier?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do the other players at the table think of you? Do you play with them often enough for them to notice you're "wake-up" if you 4-bet? Are they smart enough to key in on a cold-call like you would be?

This seems like a matter of interupting the present action happening around you or letting them build the pot for you. They obviously aren't folding so why not let them keep pumping it up for you?

I see the dilemma though: will CO slow down now (i.e. no 4-bet)... It seems like you'll be able to make up plenty of bets on the T and R if he does slow down now, so calling looks ok to me (but I probably suck at poker). My opinion changes, though, depending on how you answer the questions above.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:55 AM

Great subject line. I wonder why the OP felt the need to tell us that two of the players are dicks and that one is a nice guy? Strange. B/c it had nothing to do w/ the hand.

Yes I know I've contributed nothing of poker content in this post. Get over it.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:27 AM

5 bets is the cap and it wouldn't shock me if cutoff just calls a 4-bet that SB would cap...problem is if SB leads the turn you will probably shutout cutoff with a raise. If cutoff caps, he may choose not to bet the turn so you would likely lead into him, no? All in all, I think its best to let the others do the betting for you until at least the turn....if you pause for a sec and pretend to be thinking before calling, it ought to deceive the average Canterbury donkey.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Great subject line. I wonder why the OP felt the need to tell us that two of the players are dicks and that one is a nice guy? Strange. B/c it had nothing to do w/ the hand.

Yes I know I've contributed nothing of poker content in this post. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

somehow if he mentioned the players were vietnamese, it would have been racist.

is what he said attitudist?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one of the players was a dick, CO. Of course it had nothing to with the hand, but the guy was indeed a dick and everyone should know. All dicks should be outed. He was white. The nice guy in SB was Asian.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:50 PM

So does this mean that if you call the flop 3-bet, CO only has one bet left in front of him? So most likely if you check to him on the turn, he'll bet out, then when it comes around to you, you can raise it up now that its down to you and the SB. Better of just waiting until the turn to make your move.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 AM

Default results

Canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
CO here is a dick. He also plays loose (limps K4s in EP). Doesn't do anything insane postflop. SB here is a nice guy but a nut. VPIP has to be near 80 and will get very aggressive with draws and TP.

folds to MP who limps, CO limps, I limp 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop (5 players) (5 SB): J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks, to CO who bets, I call, SB check/raises, BB and MP fold, CO 3-bets, I.....hit the gas now or on the turn......I sprang to life and 4-bet. SB capped it at 5 and CO called. The turn was the lovely J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB bet, CO raised to $10 more (all in), I completed his raise. SB called. CO begins screaming "SEVEN. I NEED A SEVEN). River bricked. SB checked I bet SB called. SB mucked his hand. CO showed 77 and took the main and was all giddy. "I was afraid you had JJ". I just smiled and put my headphones back on and reveled in watching him bust out the very next hand with 33 when the flop came 344 and the donk with 64s caught a 6 on the turn.