Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: some turn gaybets - i dunno maybe interesting

Mr. P-

1. I think that hand #1 really requires more on the flop. Your hand here is very, very good, and by not getting more aggressive on the flop you are not only giving up a lot in hand protection but also giving up a lot in value. There are basically no cards on the turn that are going to force you to immediately give up the hand, so the keeping the pot small argument is not great here.

2. Your primary goal on the flop should be finding a way to force out weak overcard hands. This is tough considering that the most likely bettor is the lady in the middle. I like a check-raise here because leading out may encourage the lady not to raise, but checking may encourage a bet.

3. I think the check-call, bet might be better in hand #2, because I think that is a hand where the turn card is going to have much more to say about the quality of your hand. I thinking checking on the flop in hand #2 is pretty necessary, as leading has little protection value and any serious action on the flop probably suggests you should get away from the hand early. I would probably take the following line on the flop, to check with the intention of:

-Calling and leading the turn if an EP player bets.
-Raising if a late position player bets and I can face others with two bets.
-Folding if it's bet and raised behind me.