Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 12:27 AM

Default Re: 2004 Political Prediction

[ QUOTE ]
3/15/03

Dean. Dean. Dean.

Everytime the Democrats have a polical rally like the one they had this weekend in California, it's Howard Dean gets the crowd roaring. If he can raise some decent money, he's going to win the nomination.

About 3 months ago, I thought Dean was destined to get 1-2% in Iowa and New Hampsire. Now, I think he's going to be the real outside threat to win the nomination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean is having little trouble raising money. Now he's in the lead in New Hampshire and in good shape in Iowa.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/958142.asp

I've made my pick. Dean is going to get the nomination in 2004. He's the Jimmy Carter/Michael Dukakis/Bill Clinton/George W. Bush Governor-that-most-people-have-never-heard-of that's going to win the opposition party's nomination.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:54 PM

In my original post I stated that Dean's position regarding civil unions might be a detriment. Not sure now. FWIW I agree with your analysis.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:04 PM

I watched the last "debate" (or whatever the hell you call that stuff they do with a stage full of candidates). Dean failed to impress the audience, mostly all union members. Lieberman not only failed to impress, but drew boos for his anti-union stance on school vouchers. When he heard the boos, he told the crowd that he would not simply play to them but, instead, speak for those positions he believed in. Kerry seemed polished and slick, too much so, and I think the voters in the audience picked up on this. Sharpton, of course, drew the greatest response because he effectively played to the crowd. Graham's performance was careful and measured, and the audience seemed to listen carefully. I was most surprised by Braun who did a fine job (I expected much worse.)

I don't think Dean will make it; Kerry should be the favorite, but he needs to let his better nature come out and avoid the slick one-liners. Lieberman will simply tell the truth, and that's political suicide--even though it shouldn't be.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:31 PM

I think General Clark would be a good alternative to Bush. His military credentials would be popular at a time like this. Especially if the war goes poorly or new threats pop up.

I think Kerry could beat Bush as well. Don't agree with Ray that Lieberman could win. I doubt the country is ready for a Jewish president especially considering what ramifications that might have with regards to terrorism.

Old 03-08-2003, 04:45 PM

Howard Dean - I don't think so based on some of the legislation he signed as Governor of Vermont regarding "civil unions." I respect him immensly for having the political courage to do so. Unfortunately methinks it's too much baggage although it shouldn't be. Maybe I'll be surprised.

I'm starting to change my initial opinion of Dean. He may become the "unknown" candidate who beats out all the established Washington Democrats. Dean may be the best bet among Democrats now.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:56 AM

Default Re: 2004 ..it\'s hillary, you idiots...

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] i know, too soon, but in these internet years..one year is like seven old years...you laff now...hillary in 2004..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2003, 10:48 AM

Bush will cheat again. The Republican party will permit only Christian faith based initiatives. Praying to Jesus or Moses will be allowed in public schools, but only if a child signs an affidavit declaring that the Koran was writen by Satan. Abortion will be outlawed. Corporate graft will be legal, but only if you steal over 100 million dollars (otherwise, you are a proletarian crook, and an obvious commie). Term limits for the President will be repealed. Prisons will be privatized completely. Speaking out against the President will be made a crime.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:52 PM

"Bush will cheat again."

Oh really I wasn't aware of any cheating in the first place. Do tell!!!!!!!!!!

"The Republican party will permit only Christian faith based initiatives. Praying to Jesus or Moses will be allowed in public schools, but only if a child signs an affidavit declaring that the Koran was writen by Satan."

Ah you're funnin me [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img].

"Abortion will be outlawed."

Partial birth abortions are at this point. I doubt if all will be though.

"Corporate graft will be legal, but only if you steal over 100 million dollars (otherwise, you are a proletarian crook, and an obvious commie)."

I wasn't aware of any laws being repealed. Ah come on you're funnin me again.

"Term limits for the President will be repealed."

This would take an ammendment to the constitution. Is there one in the works right now? If so could you provided a link?

"Speaking out against the President will be made a crime."

I'm sure brad has a link to support this contention [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img].
Old 03-17-2003, 03:59 PM

'Partial birth abortions are at this point.'

theyre illegal right now? why is legislation pending which would outlaw them?
Old 03-17-2003, 06:50 PM

Yes I'm jumping the gun.