Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Playing on Prescription Meds

Play very low limits for a while, until certain that your judgment is not impaired. One of the problems with drugs like this is that they both impair you, and impair your ability to judge your impairment.

-Milo (also, if you had to read that last sentence more than once, you shouldn't play)
Old 07-31-2005, 08:11 PM

Oxycodone is an opiate like morphine and heroin, and very different from Adderal and other ADHD drugs that actually improve concentration. Opiates are central nervous system depressors I think, and consequently make you dopey and hinder thoughts and concentration. Maybe fun to play on, but start in lower limits and pretend you're playing drunk.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play very low limits for a while, until certain that your judgment is not impaired. One of the problems with drugs like this is that they both impair you, and impair your ability to judge your impairment.

-Milo (also, if you had to read that last sentence more than once, you shouldn't play)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally with this quote.

I am prescribed alot of oxycodone for a back problem. Believe me, IT IS A MISTAKE TO THINK YOU CAN PLAY NORMALLY WHEN ON THIS DRUG.

I had a disaster about a month ago, an accident aggravated my back. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced. For about 5 days I was in agony, then got more pain killers. Started taking more than normal for the more than normal pain. RESULT I lost everything I had won in the last 3 months and then some. I cant really afford that big a loss. I started playing at limits like 5 times above my normal limits and got killed. Thing is, I dont have a clear memory of it. Had to go back in PT to see what days I lost how much and at what limits.

I dont know what advice to give you, learn from my mistakes, or not, but whatever you do, be very very careful.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:35 PM

dude.........i know that it would be impossible to succeed playing under any influence. i think to play your best your gonna have to be sober..... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a disaster about a month ago, an accident aggravated my back. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced. For about 5 days I was in agony, then got more pain killers. Started taking more than normal for the more than normal pain. RESULT I lost everything I had won in the last 3 months and then some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps the stress of being in an accident and the pain had something to do with this, not just the drugs.