Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: TPGK v. possible river flush

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to your comments, you can usually lay a hand down safely to a river check/raise when the flush card hits, especially at .50/1.00 (unless you know your opponent is a habitual bluffer). Middle pair isn't check/raising here. Some opponents will bluff raise a scare card though so be careful not to do this too often or against aggressive players. If you can't fold to a check/raise then you should probably check behind (or bet/call if you know they like to bluff check/raise).

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like good advice. Each time I was check/raised on the river with a TPGK hand and I called the villain did have the made flush.

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to this particular hand, raise the turn. Your opponent here is somewhat tricky pulling a stop and go (may think you're raising the flop for a free card) so I wouldn't pull a bet/fold line on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense also.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:19 PM

i would bet this one... from what i see, it doesnt look like these dude has a flush, i think he has something like TPGK.. and figured he had you out kicked. it doesnt seem like it just cause if he was on a flush draw... a loose passive table, isnt gonna bet it, they are really only gonna bet when they hit the flop.. (from what i understand). secondly, if he was on a draw.. I would assume that he is going to ch the turn after you raised him.. besides he doenst have a pot equity edge since its HU. I would be your AQ on the river.. my guess, is you have him beat.

oh yes, one more thing... maybe he is on a good hand, possibly to pair, and since you raised the flop and only called the turn, it kinda looks like you are on a flush draw as well, so betting might get him to fold his 2pr.,. since his check on the spade suggests he is afraid of the flush, just like you are

flop raise = free card play
turn call = chasing flush

what do you guys think? I would really like someone to critique my thinking on this one.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:23 PM

I think here it looks like villian is actually afraid you are on a flush draw. He just calls the flop raise but leads the non-spade turn, I think he's trying not to give you a free card. Then checks when the draw hits on the river. QJ, KQ, JT I think are plausible holdings. I would have expected top two pair to be a little more aggressive on the flop. I think I raise this turn and bet the river.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop, raise the flop, raise the turn, bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it didnt occur to me that the SB may have been trying to knock me out of the hand so that he could play HU against MP1. 3-betting PF sounds spot on.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would bet this one... from what i see, it doesnt look like these dude has a flush, i think he has something like TPGK.. and figured he had you out kicked. it doesnt seem like it just cause if he was on a flush draw... a loose passive table, isnt gonna bet it, they are really only gonna bet when they hit the flop.. (from what i understand). secondly, if he was on a draw.. I would assume that he is going to ch the turn after you raised him.. besides he doenst have a pot equity edge since its HU. I would bet your AQ on the river.. my guess, is you have him beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howabout if he was on a flush draw and then either made a straight or picked up a straight draw on the turn?

[ QUOTE ]
oh yes, one more thing... maybe he is on a good hand, possibly to pair, and since you raised the flop and only called the turn, it kinda looks like you are on a flush draw as well, so betting might get him to fold his 2pr.,. since his check on the spade suggests he is afraid of the flush, just like you are

flop raise = free card play
turn call = chasing flush

what do you guys think? I would really like someone to critique my thinking on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats sounds like good thinking to me. Even if you were behind to his 2 pair, the possible flush might encourage him to just call you on the river instead of check/raising.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:38 PM

For anyone who was following this thread and was interested in the result for this hand, I bet and called SB's raise on the river.

SB showed: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 04:23 PM

Raise PF
Raise the turn
bet the river.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:54 PM

If he was a player who likes to bet an Ace or King high flush draw on the flop he probably would've reraised the flop. I don't think he'd lead with the flush draw on the turn having not reraised you on the flop, if he was that agg. anyways. With the 8 on the turn he couldve picked up a gutshot with nines or jacks and decided to give another go at pushing you off. Looks like he gives up by the river, bet.

I've noticed that when I'm heads up and someone is just auto-callin' me with a two-flush flop, it 'a little more than half the time' means he's just calling with the f-draw when I'm pf aggressor. The 'auto-call' play didn't happen in this hand but I mention it because it may be a time where you do just check the river.