Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: SC\'s 50 states in 50 days

How much better would this series have been if they used Tom Cochran's Life is a Highway instead?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much better would this series have been if they used Tom Cochran's Life is a Highway instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all better because you'd have to hear the same [censored] song 100x a day.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:04 PM

I was going to list you people who would tell you how stupid that comment is for example: <ul type="square"> William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, Tennesseee Williams, John Grisham, Jerry Rice, Walter Peyton, Brett Farve, Archie Manning, Eli Manning, Deuce McAllister, Rafel Palmeiro, Roy Oswalt, Oprah Winfrey, Morgan Freeman, and James Earl Jones,[/list]but that list would be kind of long.

So in order to keep things simple I decided to narrow the scope. Here is a short list of people in the music industry who would tell you what a moronic post that was:
<ul type="square"> BB King, Sam Cooke, Bo Diddley, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Marty Stuart, Jimmy Buffet, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jim Weatherly, Jimmie Rodgers, Lance Bass, Faith Hill, Charlie Pride, Conway Twitty, Tammy Wynette, Leontyn Price, Jerry Clower, Johnny Lee Johnson (Jaimoe), Steve Azar, Blind Melon, Ace Cannon, WC Handy, Guy Hovis, Chris Ledoux, Charlie Mars Band, Mac McAnally, 3 Doors Down, Ike Turner, Brittany Spears, and The King Himself, Elvis Presley[/list]
Old 07-29-2005, 05:16 PM

How many of those people still live in Mississippi?
Old 07-29-2005, 05:21 PM

Quite a few

Even more have a home here, but earn their living elsewhere. It would be a long commute for Brett Farve.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the worst part about it, is that lame theme song they play every two minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were doing one of those "behind the scenes" SC shows on ESPN2 while SC was running on ESPN. Linda Cohn said (on about the 4th day of the 50/50 thing) that she "has already memorized this entire song" which is nice speak for "I hear this [censored] retarded song all day long and I can't get it out of my head".
Old 07-30-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much better would this series have been if they used Judas Priest's Heading Out to the Highway?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-30-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to list you people who would tell you how stupid that comment is for example: <ul type="square"> William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, Tennesseee Williams, John Grisham, Jerry Rice, Walter Peyton, Brett Farve, Archie Manning, Eli Manning, Deuce McAllister, Rafel Palmeiro, Roy Oswalt, Oprah Winfrey, Morgan Freeman, and James Earl Jones,[/list]but that list would be kind of long.

So in order to keep things simple I decided to narrow the scope. Here is a short list of people in the music industry who would tell you what a moronic post that was:
<ul type="square"> BB King, Sam Cooke, Bo Diddley, John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Marty Stuart, Jimmy Buffet, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jim Weatherly, Jimmie Rodgers, Lance Bass, Faith Hill, Charlie Pride, Conway Twitty, Tammy Wynette, Leontyn Price, Jerry Clower, Johnny Lee Johnson (Jaimoe), Steve Azar, Blind Melon, Ace Cannon, WC Handy, Guy Hovis, Chris Ledoux, Charlie Mars Band, Mac McAnally, 3 Doors Down, Ike Turner, Brittany Spears, and The King Himself, Elvis Presley[/list]
[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to be taken seriously, DO not include these names. And lighten up.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:34 PM

SportsCenter has turned into a joke. All these manufactured themes, egomaniacal "sportscasters", and sideshow freaks playing mock debating games all day. I just can't take this show anymore.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SportsCenter has turned into a joke. All these manufactured themes, egomaniacal "sportscasters", and sideshow freaks playing mock debating games all day. I just can't take this show anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just noticed? 90% of the network is a [censored] joke.