Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: $40k at a .50/1 table??

I do not disagree with your point.

To recap, my issue is more with the lack of maturity that is displayed by going to a nano-limit table and pushing people around with your 40k stack to make yourself feel better.

I'm sure I made much more off these sorts of maniacs back at the nanos than they took off me. Of course, I may very well be a nit, but I'm OK with that :-)

Actually, maybe this belongs in the Psychology forum...sorry for hijacking.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
making yourself feel better by pushing others around ...... and that is why you are doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.... it's an interesting question as to why it can be therepeutic to sit in a small game and play like a maniac. I think it is probably more complicated than you put it -- I certainly am not trying to bully people when I do it, this is not in my nature. Also, I have to add that I don't sit in a microlimit with a massive roll, this is just showing off.

Maybe this post belongs in the psychology forum?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you need to donate money to someone elses game to feel better about yourself, I think you're being a nice guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2005, 11:43 AM

Haha 40k...I play in any given week from .25-50 to 5-10 but never sit down at micro with more than 20BB's...seems kinda corny to do otherwise.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you need to donate money to someone elses game to feel better about yourself, I think you're being a nice guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm a dick, i like to go to the nl25 tables and play someone who has 5 bucks and bust them. I'm evil i know...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:22 PM

I thought I was the only goof that wanted all their pokertracker stats in the green! I've recently been getting my .25NL and $1/$2 sh-limit into the black. I know it's counterproductive, but what the hell.

As for the player with $40K - maybe he beat a tournament and wanted to show off. I saw a post here a year or more ago where a player had $125k on a micro-limit game.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 01:27 PM

When party started the 6max .50/1 micros recently I sat at a table with a guy who had 70k. I actually watched for several minutes before sitting down just to make sure it was a real money table and that this guy was for real.

I enjoyed playing against the guy, it was if he had the auto-raise button permanently on. What's not to like about a large bankroll stacking off chips?

Then other players started needling him about the bankroll, his agressiveness etc and he left. My plan was to not say anything until he felt like not donating any more.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That used to absolutely annoy the hell out of me when I was getting started in the nano-limits.

It's an obvious ego-restoration excersise, which is pretty pointless. If you need to ruin someone elses game to feel better about yourself, I think you're being an a**hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone sits at my table with a practically unlimited supply of BB's and begins making extremely predictable and profitable mistakes, I would not consider my game ruined. and I definitely wouldn't call him an a-hole.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:53 PM

Thats pretty funny. I once had a guy at .5/1 with around $200 in front of him bragging about how he was big stack bla bla bla. I won a pot against him HU and he kept saying oh I have plenty to spare I've got 8 times what you have. I never said a word to him. I just simply got off all of my other tables (i was about to end a session anyway) hit rebuy/all of my chips and had around $1200 in front of me. Needless to say he left pretty quickly without another word.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:54 PM

I just wish that the NL tables would allow a player to buy in with what ever they wanted. Only in fixed limit games can players buy in with what ever they want. Crypto players are notorious for doing this. Back when it was fixed limit games only I was playing with a guy that sat down at the .50/1 tables with 150K. I figured if he wasn't tilting he was at least slanted to one side a good ways. I started in with "how much have you lost at the higher limits?" he started back on me with "STFU." I knew it wouldn't be long. Everyone kept folding to him. He just kept raising and raising. Once I got a good hand I helped cap it every round. Got to the river and I knew I had the best hand. We capped again and he turned over absoulutely nothing...not even a pair. Once the rest of the table saw that he never bullied anyone else fo the next hour at the table. Then he left...he lost around 300 bucks. I love it when higher limit guys decide to bleed money. Then the NL tables opened and all the idiots decided to bleed money.