Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: GRATS TO \"ZEN\"

[ QUOTE ]
congrats on the baby, wow theres lots of daddys in the HU tourney now, I am picking non-dads over dad's any takers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, all I know is that after all is said and done, I will be somebodys daddy. In all seriousness, Congrats Zen.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:18 PM

Default youd get powned

youd get powned. Nothing teaches concentration like playing through the bubble on 6 tables with a kid that was sleeping peacefull that is now screaming it's head off in your lap while you yell for your wife, who's too damn tired to wake up, cause she let you sleep all day so youd be awake enought to work without losing money. Meanwhile the other kid has woken up from all the noise and needs a bottle and a daiper change. So, without timing out on any hands, you wake the wife just enough to breast feed the kid, play some hands, fill the bottle, play some hands, change the butt, pat, kiss, cover, sit down and finish the set.

Until you've done that, you don't know what focus and dedication is. You non-dads just don't have the experience yet to dominate us.

Steve
Old 07-26-2005, 07:20 PM

Default oh ya, congrats mark n/m

n/m
Old 07-27-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Thanks all, and a thought on \"how I\'m running\"

Thanks for the thread here, Skipper, and to everyone for their congrats and well-wishes. Mommy and baby have left the hospital and are both now resting at home, healthy and happy.

As my wife was getting close to delivering the other night, the hospital staff was rushing around in a panic -- 2 crash c-sections back to back, twins for the woman across the hall not looking good on the monitor, and another girl with her baby showing some kind of arythmia in her heartbeat. These poor kids are fighting for their lives before they're even born (and no doubt their moms and dads were basketcases) while I'm fortunate enough to be painlessly adding another perfectly healthy and beautiful baby girl to my family (already have a 3-year old who's probably already smarter than I am). As I was trying to process all of this, I felt pretty embarrassed about the last string of beats that I remembered whining about taking at the tables. While I may run hot and cold playing poker, there's no doubt I'm on the sickest heater ever in life dating back to, well, about the day I was born. I truly hope all of you can say the same thing, and that it will continue for all of us indefinitely.

--Zen
Old 07-27-2005, 03:39 PM

Here's another important tip:

Watch the baby late at night. Provided you can play poker while rocking, you can be on the computer for hours with the cute one nestled in your arms. You get hours in playing, you get to snuggle, and your wife thinks you are wonderful.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Thanks all, and a thought on \"how I\'m running\"

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the thread here, Skipper, and to everyone for their congrats and well-wishes. Mommy and baby have left the hospital and are both now resting at home, healthy and happy.

As my wife was getting close to delivering the other night, the hospital staff was rushing around in a panic -- 2 crash c-sections back to back, twins for the woman across the hall not looking good on the monitor, and another girl with her baby showing some kind of arythmia in her heartbeat. These poor kids are fighting for their lives before they're even born (and no doubt their moms and dads were basketcases) while I'm fortunate enough to be painlessly adding another perfectly healthy and beautiful baby girl to my family (already have a 3-year old who's probably already smarter than I am). As I was trying to process all of this, I felt pretty embarrassed about the last string of beats that I remembered whining about taking at the tables. While I may run hot and cold playing poker, there's no doubt I'm on the sickest heater ever in life dating back to, well, about the day I was born. I truly hope all of you can say the same thing, and that it will continue for all of us indefinitely.

--Zen

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post, Zen, and huge congrats on the healthy addition to your family. I'm also finding it easier to keep things in perspective these days as a new father.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:31 PM

It is never too late. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--Zen

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 07-27-2005, 05:34 PM

Congrats again. Healthy kids are enough luck. Thankfully my kids are both healthy, but we went through enough of a scare with one of them that we were one of those basketcases in the hospital.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:40 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This post definitely makes me happy.

I hope your life luckbox continues to pwn.

Yugoslav
Congrats on the little one!