Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Got the \"pop up\" from Eurobet

kerio firewall.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:21 PM

I got my first warning this morning but I got the warning on both Empire and EuroBet. I'm not risking my accounts so I've already uninstalled and cancelled PE.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you guys doing to get around this or is there anything that can be done???

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to do that?

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion about the ethics of using PokerEdge. But that question became moot when Party unambiguously banned it. There's no level playing field if almost everyone is playing by the rules but you are gaining an unfair advantage by using an illegal tool.

If you use sneaky means to continue using PE after everyone else is made to stop then you are a cheater.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, its definately just a PE issue, I just got the pop-up too and I have been using the kerio firewall that was supposed to prevent them from seeing me use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A firewall won't stop them from seeing anything they want on your computer since they already have a spying tool installed on your computer. That's right, the poker client istelf.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kerio firewall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are the second one in this thread that says "firewall" and I REALLY can't see how, please tell me how a firewall will help.
Remember, they already have the poker client on your computer, which means they can do whatever they want.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:08 PM

i believe kerio was not letting them access certain ports or something, not really sure...
Old 07-26-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kerio firewall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are the second one in this thread that says "firewall" and I REALLY can't see how, please tell me how a firewall will help.
Remember, they already have the poker client on your computer, which means they can do whatever they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

kerio has a function where you can limit read/write access of programs. So, keep party restricted to party folder.

edit - check the edge forums if you want tech details, I looked into it because I pondered using it but have enough of a DB for my level to make it not worth it ATM
Old 07-26-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are you guys doing to get around this or is there anything that can be done???

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion about the ethics of using PokerEdge. But that question became moot when Party unambiguously banned it. There's no level playing field if almost everyone is playing by the rules but you are gaining an unfair advantage by using an illegal tool.

If you use sneaky means to continue using PE after everyone else is made to stop then you are a cheater.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-26-2005, 09:13 PM

I got the pop-up warning from Party Poker today. I use PokerEdge only, not PT or GT.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]