Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Party Supers

IMO this is they key reason to go for it. As a better player, your chances of winning go up (by what %, I will not venture a guess.)

Let us know how it goes.
Good luck.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify, under the situation I presented with a short stack I'm thinking in the neighborhood of under 7XBB or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, yeah, wasn't quite sure what you meant by shortish. under 7 BB though i agree is pretty clear. I always feel kinda akward though in that 12-15ish range, esp at party when there's not antees in there as extra incentive to pick up the pot, particularly when there's aggressive guys yet to act.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:47 PM

I would be playing this MTT the same way i would any previous one I have played, and that is to win it. I was thinking I'd play depending on how functional my luckbox has been working today, and so far it's been a piece of garbage so this is probably going to be a last minute decision. Thanks for the input.

Oh, and yes I would be insta pushing that A8.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's been awhile since I've played a $55 tourney but I know there are some good players on this site who play those in addition to the Supers. I think you'll find that the competition is a bit tougher but there are still lots of people who qualify through a qualifier. I think it really comes down to bankroll. If you want to play them regularly then you have to be willing to accept the fluctuations that come from finishing OTM much more often than not. And you have to go into them with the intent of going deep into the money.

Here's a good test for you. Imagine you're on the bubble with a pretty small stack. But there are enough smaller stacks about to pay the blinds that you could easily coast into the money. You're dealt A8 in the CO with average stacks and average players behind you. What do you do?

If you're answer is to fold because you'd prefer to at least get your money back then you're not ready for this level yet. If you honestly know that you'd push, then sign on up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably push plenty of hands weak than that lol. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 PM

Do I have first in vig? Oh, looks like I do! I push.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:07 PM

I disagree, more donks per table in the 350K because of the higher number of satellite qualifiers. They're teh ones playing just to cash.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, more donks per table in the 350K because of the higher number of satellite qualifiers. They're teh ones playing just to cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be able to agree that there's a higher DPT count than the 1-2 I mentioned at the 350K, but not close to comprable to the $55 level... maybe I just got lucky, but at the last $55 MTT I played, the number of preflop minbets, minraises and minreraises on the first couple hands was comical.

That being said, it's always worth a shot once in a while if your bankroll can comfortably take the hit, or you'll never be able to find out if you can compete at a higher level (and/or become comfortable with it).