Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Cryptologic
No Opinion / Neutral / Don't Know 82 53.95%
Favorable 35 23.03%
Unfavorable 35 23.03%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: The AK quiz

absolutely
Old 07-25-2005, 05:02 PM

jesus what a monumental waste of time

Sure you can have some tough decisions. These toughies are all post-flop though.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me if this has been posted before, I ran a quick search in this forum and could not come up with anything.

AK is either the third or fourth best hand, depending on who you are asking. Yet in my opinion there is no hand that is more difficult to play. So I decided to use my free morning to try and straighten out the confusion. Here are a series of questions involving AK and only AK. Enjoy. Discuss. Think. Cry. Whatever.

In all of your answers, please give the response that you do the majority of the time. I know tables conditions and varying personal play is everything. I just want what you people believe to be loosely defined as 'standard play'. Assume you have a full buy-in. Not all the options are exclusive but fill-in to the best of your abilities, you're smart enough to make the assumptions that I made.

But again, bottom line, enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

work on proofreading your posts before you make them.

fim
Old 07-25-2005, 06:40 PM

Great post wegs, thanks for the effort. There should be more like this. I agreed with most except for folded to you in the SB, I prefer to call and extract post flop in a battle of the blinds. What's the rationale for raising here?

Some people have been trolling this thread, surely they have something more important to do than whine? Every [censored] thing in poker depends on the situation, stack sizes, reads, whether the girl in seat 3 is hot, etc. Doesn't mean you can answer general questions.
[ QUOTE ]
I know tables conditions and varying personal play is everything. I just want what you people believe to be loosely defined as 'standard play'. Assume you have a full buy-in. Not all the options are exclusive but fill-in to the best of your abilities, you're smart enough to make the assumptions that I made.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're giving these guys too much credit.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:04 PM

Come on guys, don't beat him up. The quiz is missing some information, but it can still inspire some good discussion. I dont know about the rest of you, but I personally think AK is a very difficult hand to play. It's not a great hand for taking flops with, but it's also not a great hand for being too aggressive preflop when you don't have much folding equity and are generally taking the worst of it when you get called.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:26 PM

I am slightly disturbed by the amount of people who want to just call raises with AK, especially when they are EP-MP... on almost all of those I advocated raising (3x the bet would be my usual choice). I will definately fold the one that has a raise and a reraise, as you're pretty much screwed if you don't hit a beautiful flop... and I don't like to play for good flops.