Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Software I would pay for! (session reviewing)

[ QUOTE ]

It's very easy to querry the PT database. YOu can use SQL theough your favorite ODBC driver, however you would be re-inventing hte wheel here because PT has it's own session replayer that gives you, out calculatiosn, real time hand equity values, and continuous play. You'd be suprised what's Pat has worked in over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know you can do the out caculation and equity values on pt how do i do that?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:20 AM

Well for the first time in around a month I have an entire weekend to myself, so if you can give me a full list of filters you want, I can work on making it happen.

They dont have to be specific situations, but specific filters that could be combined to find the specific situations you want.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:33 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

First I think you are discounting the filters that are already in PT. I can run reasonably close searches for what your looking for already. You can't quite run the no-draw searches because frankly it's hard to estimate a draw especially when most hands don't go to showdown.

There is another problem that your going to run into that is quite a bit more dangerous to your play. Most sample sizes that you will pull out of your own database are statistically insignificant to draw any information from. I have a database of several hundred thousand hands, and from it I can make reasonable general assumptions. If we look at do I play AKs profitably in the CO when no one has opened yet, well I get 11 returns and I'm losing money. Hmm perhaps I should just fold.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:37 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's very easy to querry the PT database. YOu can use SQL theough your favorite ODBC driver, however you would be re-inventing hte wheel here because PT has it's own session replayer that gives you, out calculatiosn, real time hand equity values, and continuous play. You'd be suprised what's Pat has worked in over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know you can do the out caculation and equity values on pt how do i do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

CHeck out the check boxes in the upper right.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:08 PM

Oh god i never saw that that is awesome i will be reviewing allot of hand histories now thanks!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is another problem that your going to run into that is quite a bit more dangerous to your play. Most sample sizes that you will pull out of your own database are statistically insignificant to draw any information from.

[/ QUOTE ]

This request isn't about stats -- it's about reviewing individual hands for proper play. If I re-read the section of SSHE on making value bets on the river, I may want to review my last 100 opportunities to value bet to see how often I would have played differently given my fresher knowledge. That sort of thing.

Sample size doesn't matter if you're not sampling; this is for study and review.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First I think you are discounting the filters that are already in PT. I can run reasonably close searches for what your looking for already. You can't quite run the no-draw searches because frankly it's hard to estimate a draw especially when most hands don't go to showdown.

There is another problem that your going to run into that is quite a bit more dangerous to your play. Most sample sizes that you will pull out of your own database are statistically insignificant to draw any information from. I have a database of several hundred thousand hands, and from it I can make reasonable general assumptions. If we look at do I play AKs profitably in the CO when no one has opened yet, well I get 11 returns and I'm losing money. Hmm perhaps I should just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a couple notes:

1) PGC doesn't require PT to run, so this will offer the features to people that for whatever reason have not purchased PT

2) As said in the above poster, every hand is statistically significant if you analyze it and can determine how well you played. It isn't like he is going to be looking at 20 hands and finding his average profit and claiming it to be a true rate. He is going to look at the hands and perhaps post them for analysis.

Now onto the good stuff.
What are the list of options you want?

- Villian Check-raised me on flop, Villian CR me on turn, Villian CR me on river
- I raised PF
- I cold-called multipe bets PF
- Etc

These are all going to be independent, so you can just check off multiple ones to create specific situations. So just list whatever ones you would like me to add, and I will try to do it.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:38 PM

I would like it to actually do board analysis in a sense.

Like,
"Hero has overcards"
"Hero has no 4flush"
"Hero has no 4straight."
"Hero has mid pair"
"Hero raised preflop"
"Hero is bet into (donked)"

etc

I'm gonna spend some time and think of some more options. Do you think these would be possible?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this, btw.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:40 PM

you need to check out www.nutpokersoftware.com

you can analyze hands right away...just import the game and boom...see all your mistakes and winners.

happy pokering!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to check out www.nutpokersoftware.com

you can analyze hands right away...just import the game and boom...see all your mistakes and winners.

happy pokering!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not accusing of anything, but are you going to contribute to the forum besides telling us about this product? All of your posts have been in regards to the program.