Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Results & Thoughts

This board is perhaps more complex than some of you first noticed. While I do have a huge number of outs, betting the turn really achieves little more than giving KQ a chance to fold (QJ and KJ both have double gutshots and so they won't fold). I am getting CR'ed by a tonne of hands, and am behind to tonnes more. This apparently sole reason of getting KQ to fold could still be big enough to warrant betting - I'm unsure.

Anyway, on the river, the dude flipped up 65s. There was another reason to bet the turn right there, even though it'll come up oh so rarely! I'm happy to stand by my river fold though.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: 30/60 QJs

Dont play that high, but anyways

I dont get it, by checking behind on the turn I think UTG will bet the river more than usual, so I think you need to call that river.

And I thought this was a preflop fold, right?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: 30/60 QJs

I think I like the check on the turn, but then again I play at 10% of those stakes.
What hands is UTG raising PF that we are ahead of on the turn? If we bet the turn, a checkraise is quite likely I would estimate, and whilst we have a lot of outs we are not a favourate on any money that goes in here.
The main point I can see in betting the turn is if it will fold a low PP. This comes down to reads obviously.
By checking through, it is likely that villain will bet the river regardless, and we can then either raise (diamond/9/K) which will get in the same number of bets as if it went check/call, check/call, or decide to call or fold based on the river. I would probably have called here on the chance that UTG was getting frisky with a small PP, however this is probably wrong.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:54 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Results & Thoughts

you've got 15 outs to the nuts or second nuts. even if you get checkraised you're not losing much. I'd much rather check if you had showdown value. the problem here with checking is you say he's agressive, so 66 and 55 are possible in addition to KQ, and without knowing anything about him, I'd assume he's capable of folding a better hand. if he's holding QT or KT he's got to be thinking that he's beat almost every time. same for a hand liek Q8s. I think there are more benefits to betting than you think. if you had less outs I'd agree.

if you can fold the river, why can't he fold a better hand on the turn? you beat nothing on the river and he doesn't beat much on the turn