Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Stay away from maniacs at NL Hold\'em games!!!

If there was no luck, I guess I'd win 'em all.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So here's what happened: I came in to the $2/4 NL with 30BB (or $120) and first hand I'm delt is AA on the BB. UTG raises to 3BB, 2 fold, 1 call, I reraise it to 9BB and UTG reraises to 15BB, SB folds and I go all-in (called) and I eventually won that pot. Now I stand at $252.

Keep in mind that that UTG player is a hyper-aggresive maniac with a 600BB+ stack (like $2500 something).

For the next 15 minutes, I lost a few BB's due to rags, face-rags and missed flop with hands like KQs. But I was happy I doubled my Buy-In on the first hand.

Then comes KK. Guy to my right raises to 4BB, I reraise it to 16BB, maniac calls and the initial raiser folds saying "55 for me" after the flop comes 5-8-8 (two diamods). I start off betting $30 (or 7½BB) and after a thought, maniac goes all in for his massive stack (sure I don't have an 8 because I reraised preflop and didn't slow play the flop). Turn card: 4, River: 2. He flips over pocket 2's !!! B.S.! There goes my entire stack (into the pockets of the site).

You should always avoid these type of players. You can win 100BB and then lose it all in one hand like that. Although I don't think he had pocket 2's, his cards only became pocket 2's after the river (*cough* rigged). F**king tired of losing hands well over 95% favored.

Same thing happened earlier: He puts my raise all in with a Q59 flop while I hold KQ, turn: 10, river: 6, he had 56 (no fluh draw). So you see, the cards change. It's all electronic. Be cautious before you lose your entire bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets make a deal, every time you spot a game full of maniacs throwing money around, you tell me and i'll come play in it.

every time i spot a game full of tight players who play well postflop, i'll tell you and you can come and play.

fim
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 AM

Anyone who wants to reply should reconsider unless they plan on saying "man that sucks, tough beat." cause thats all this guy wants to hear. His post doesn't offer any legitimate advice or ask a question to improve play- it is a kneejerk reaction to a tough loss and should not be viewed as anything but venting.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:57 AM

what sites do you play on....... I'll be sure to stay away.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:41 PM

When I say this, I mean this with the utmost sincercity.

You are [censored] stupid.

Lawrence
Old 07-25-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes but ALL THE TIME??? Runner-runner all the f**king time??? It should happen 1 in every 25 times not 1 in every 3!

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not runner-runner
Old 07-25-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 PM

it doesn't just happen online. my friend was playing in ac. 3rd or 4th hand at $1/$2 nl. bought in for $150, i believe. gets kk, raises, some guy reraises, friend goes all-in, guy calls, has jj. jack on the flop...it happens. one of the biggest reasons bad beats are so "common" online is cause the increase of hands seen, they come, and you've probably bad beat somebody as well, i know i have a few times
Old 07-26-2005, 12:35 AM

man that sucks, tough beat
Old 07-26-2005, 12:53 AM

I only play NL Cash games and yes the variance is greater and yes when maniacs are present the game can be super volatile. If you cant take the swings your probably better off playing something else. Maniacs can be very profitable but it takes patience and discipline to capitilise. You need to be prepared to lose several buyins against maniacs but when you hit you will win big. You need to define your starting requirements and over raise preflop when you pick up one of these hands. When you hit a big hand on the flop the maniac will payoff big bets all the way to the river.

Yes the maniac will crack your aces with 94 off suit but he will also move all in when you flop a nut flush.