Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Interesting hand - up for discussion

he might be leading the turn with your hand, or trying to scare you off on the turn w/ a 67 by making a small bet representing a set.

on the turn, it might be that hes actually got a set but by the river its not a hand i put him on anymore. the river looks like your hand or a 67
Old 07-25-2005, 11:32 AM

no way i put him on 66. 66 is gonna try to take the pot away on the flop but probably not check call. if hes calling with 66 on the flop, hes plannig to take the pot away strongly on the turn. since he didnt, im highly sure its not 66
Old 07-25-2005, 05:32 PM

Thank you for putting this interesting hand up for discussion.

I would make this call most of the time, and I never would have put him on the 6 - except maybe 66 as you said. I think you're right he played the hand well. You thought a while after the turn, and I assume you gave serious thought to folding the best hand. Were you thinking about raising on the turn? Or, were you thinking about the tragic fact that the Trump deli was out of honey mustard on that particular night, which was more devastating to this poster than the money I lost at dumb poker, as it prevented me from ordering my usual favorite sandwich?

I think you have to consider that he is putting a play on you, especially you, because you usually cultivate an image as a very tight player who can make a good lay down. I think that he thinks that he can get you to lay down AQ here, even if he has just a set or a pair.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand - up for discussion - Conclusion

I have seen these types of preflop calls numerous times. There are a ton of player who live to play these type of hands and go futher with them than you would think possible.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:42 PM

i'd go ahead and bump it up and take his last $60. there's not much he's calling the flop/leading the turn with that you aren't beating on the river. 66 is the only thing...but i'd expect to see 54, 55, 44, or even a complete bluff most of the time. possibly even QQ, KK, or AA who thought to trap you.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand - up for discussion - Conclusion

[ QUOTE ]
Nearly impossible to put him on this hand. How does he call $25 preflop with this garbage??

[/ QUOTE ]

the stacks are deep enough that this would be an autocall with any kind of read on the OP.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:47 PM

Very weird hand. I can't think of any hands for which villain's line is good. Why leave himself with $60 on the river? Who knows? Just a very weird hand. I guess I'm calling too. Only makes sense if he has complete air and is a complete retard. Really I can't think of any other explanation (even though you say he is a 'good' player). What good player leaves himself with $60 on the river in a massive pot?